Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interior Light
Club smart Car > Technical Discussions > Operation and Maintenance: 450 Model, 2005-2006, diesel
Little Red Riding Hood
Is there a secret to getting the interior light to work?
SCHMART
there are two interior lights..the dash switch light and the dome light. Both bulbs sholld be seated properly.
Francesco
Catchy thread title...
The Rog Man
if you are sure the bulbs are ok i would start checking fuses.
I M SMRT
back to basics (like the topic title)

but you did "flick" the dash switch to turn on the interior light? its a rocker switch...remember to turn it back off...
Little Red Riding Hood
I have flicked, poked and prodded - I even read the manual (which sure isn't detailed) I'll look at the bulbs then fuses next wherever they are and maybe just go to mercedes like an idiot and ask and hope there is no eye rolling at least not until I'm outa there

tks for the suggestions

Christine
smart142
Don't be afraid to go to the dealer. I have seen defective switches that would cause the problem.
Little Red Riding Hood
QUOTE (smart142)
Don't be afraid to go to the dealer. I have seen defective switches that would cause the problem.

yep

will be off to the dealer

couldn't get the cover off the light

fuses must be ok - the radio and cd player on same fuse and they are working

I have a snake light over my seat to sub till fixed
Little Red Riding Hood
QUOTE (smart142)

finally got it to dealer and was a wiring issue - wow - it works - it's like having added a new option - first time I have experienced it - makes it a lot easier entering and exiting now that it gets dark early and late
Duck
Let's try and keep our thread titles a little more descriptive, thanks!

Ed - Thread title changed, moved to General Vehicle Maintenance

-Iain
Little Red Riding Hood
QUOTE (Duck)
Let's try and keep our thread titles a little more descriptive, thanks!

Ed - Thread title changed, moved to General Vehicle Maintenance

-Iain

I see a lot of criticism regarding where we write on what thread - I wonder if you can give people who aren't familiar a break or are only those who are experts on Internet forums welcome? Or maybe the experts would like to give lessons?
Francesco
The original thread title was simply "HOW TO.."

Imagine if all the threads asking how to do something or fix something were thus titled. Nobody would read a single one of them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.