Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil changes in Edmonton
Club smart Car > Regional Forums > The Prairies
rob_royca
Is there anyone in Edmonton that can do oil changes. I am off warrenty and don't want to spend $200.00 +
for an oil change at the dealers.
Thanks
Rob
ValgardForkbeard
Good day.

Do you mean commercially, or DIY? There are siphon pumps available at Princess Auto, filters from the dealers, and the right oil from a couple of sources (dealer, Mcewans shell on the east side, sometimes CT). If you mean something like Mr Lube, you might have to phone around. At least on our cars, they would have a real problem cross threading the drain plug.

MG
SMRT4ME
Or if you are willing to DIY, just buy an oil pan with a drain from Calgary and do it cheaper and better. To go one step further, get an oil filter adapter (for a spin on oil filter) and you can go to any parts store and get some (3-4l) of synthetic oil and an oil filter. The oil pan and an adapter = $200. From then on oil + filter (per oil change) = $50 and some dirt under the finger nails.

Ilya.
Awesys
You might be able to try Burnman... http://smartwindshieldrepairs.ca/
Snapdragon
That Smart almost hit me in a crosswalk one morning. Now I need to phone him for glass repair.
Yeahwhatever
QUOTE (Awesys @ Oct 28 2008 - 05:59 PM) *
You might be able to try Burnman... http://smartwindshieldrepairs.ca/
Yeahwhatever
Oops. Rockie mistake. Hey, I spotted this car in Brooks, Alberta at the Shell Station a couple of weeks ago. By the way, the car was NOT fueling up. tongue.gif
Yeahwhatever
QUOTE (Yeahwhatever @ Oct 28 2008 - 10:44 PM) *
Oops. Rockie mistake. Hey, I spotted this car in Brooks, Alberta at the Shell Station a couple of weeks ago. By the way, the car was NOT fueling up. tongue.gif

Rookie..... OMG!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.