Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2008 smart base carrier installation...
Club smart Car > Technical Discussions > How-To: 451 Model, 2008 and newer, gasoline
seesmart
I bought my smart in July '08 and love it.. My girlfriend and I wanted a snowboard rack for it so we just got the kit this week (apparently the first ones to do so in Vancouver). I figured I could install it on my own, it looked easy enough, especially as the people at Mercedes-Benz have yet to install one either (making it hard for me to get some help from them...) So here's my dilemma; I put the rack itself together easily enough and found where to screw it to the frame of the vehicle. Good. Then the instructions told me to mount it on the pre-assembled brackets on the bumper... But there aren't any pre-assembled brackets.. Well, it looks like they included them in the kit, so I try to mount them myself... The problem I then ran in to was I couldn't get my rear panel off.. It looks like I could so I've unscrewed everything I can see, but it still is attached... It looks to me like the body panel pieces are glued or attached in a way I can't figure out... Has anyone out there tried to do this feat? I don't want to wreck the panels but at the same time I don't want to pay $300+ for them to do it at the smart Centre... Help!?
Mike T
Welcome to the club. Go to www.evilution.co.uk and there are instructions on how to remove panels from the smart 451. And perhaps you would be so kind as to take a photo of your rack once it's on the car?
bouche
Did you get a reply from evultion?
Had difficulty get past the search window
Bouche
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.