Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SMART towing a "SMART" trailer
Club smart Car > Technical Discussions > Modifications and Performance: 450 Model, 2005-2006, diesel
xlukas.cz
hello, usa is country with many of different cars with home upgrades and at home constructed car which are a legally run up the street. in europe is it very dificult. but i am uncompromising biggrin.gif

here is my smart car trailer from the czech republic

nad last update - chrom wheel on the car and the same original wheel on the trailer.

what do you think about? wink.gif
Mike T
It is too heavy for the tow car isn't it? I mean, the TÜV limits most tow equipment on smarts to 350 kg.
Coast Steve
Maybe it's a shell and used just for storage?

There is no tongue weight don't forget Mike.

Either way I'd be paranoid it would drive into me in the event of the front car hitting on the brakes.
Mike T
The shell with suspension alone probably weighs 550 kg.
Speedie
From steering geometry it looks like some form of trailer with the smart shell on top - panels weigh less than 20kg and if you did a space frame type trailer (especially out of aluminum) you would be fine for weight and a couple of hundred pounds of payload. Mind you it looks like he used the tridion - but it could be a shell as well.

Cheers,
Cameron
xlukas.cz
weight is ok. 350 kg for papers.

it is all functionality smart car, without engine and interior (carpet is out and his weight was more than 20kgs!!). it have battery, key doorlock, electric window, ...

it is as a mini camper. only for sleep. this foto is from this saturday we had small meeting with smart car friends.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.