Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Building 2 Golf bag holders
Club smart Car > Technical Discussions > How-To: 450 Model, 2005-2006, diesel
drdrew
Anybody built something to transport golf bags with on the basic rack ?

summer is coming up and I'd like to have something for the golf bags for the summer...
Skis in the winter, golf in the summer smile.gif

Any input would be appreciated, or if someone wants to start a project with me i'm more then willing to help !
NJV
This is the rack that I built for carrying our snowboards. What is great about it is if I put a piece of plywood on it I could carry camping gear or whatever else on it. Another use that I could use it for is golf bags as you are asking about. Just flip it over so that the platform part is lower down and put a piece of plywood on it. The bags would just stand up on it and get tied to the uprights of the basic rack. Or, you could add another crossbar higher up to secure the bags to.

I ran into a problem last summer going golfing with my church. My uncles car broke down so I took the smart, unfortunately we couldn't fit two people and two sets of clubs in. He had to stay behind to wait for the tow truck anyway. I think it would be sweet to take the car onto the course. But I doubt many clubs would let you drive it onto the course, even though it's the same length as a golf cart, too heavy maybe.

NJV all purpose solution

EDIT: Scroll down to the bottom to see my pictures.
herbie
I was thinking today about addding something similar to the back of the smart but only at bumper level. With the mounting screws, could it be possible to build a platform that would fold either in half or on itself? This could be used to carry an electric wheelchair or similar, or even attach a lockable box similar to those found in pickup trucks...I don't think the extra weight would be an issue for the smart.
Sean
I live on a golf course and have taken the Smart out on the paths at night for a couple holes of glow in the dark golf with my buddies. I've always wanted to find something to hold a couple golf bags and see how many courses would let me on with my "private" cart.

Regardless, something to transport the clubs to and from the course would be awesome!
Speedie
Legend has it there was a car dealer in Bellingham that imported a smart as a golf cart - had it fitted with turf tires - didn't work though - the authorities caught on. There is an after market golf bag holder but it is not part of the ski rack.

http://www.smartieparts.com/shop/index.php...products_id=194

For the price you could hire a caddy with a bicycle for a couple of seasons.

Cheers,
Cameron
smartie yank
I just take the woods out of the bags and load them separately. Two bags, two sets of clubs, two guys not a problem. doublethumb.gif
smartie yank
[quote="Speedie"]Legend has it there was a car dealer in Bellingham that imported a smart as a golf cart - had it fitted with turf tires - didn't work though - the authorities caught on. There is an after market golf bag holder but it is not part of the ski rack.

I talked to the guy, he is a used car dealer and his daughter was doing a lot of work in Germany so they tried to bring one in. I saw the car at TPM about 3 weeks before I got Max, it had received some top damage during shipping. The feds let the guy bring the car in as a show car and gave him a year to convert it or send it back.
Speedie
Meanwhile - hidden in an outshed somewhere on a golf course near Bellingham a renegede smart lies in wait for darkness......... hotrod.gif biglaugh.gif

Cheers,
Cameron
smartie yank
(Speedie)
Meanwhile - hidden in an outshed somewhere on a golf course near Bellingham a renegede smart lies in wait for darkness......... hotrod.gif biglaugh.gif

Cheers,
Cameron

No Cameron, when he wanted to play he just slapped on his dealer plates. Got easier once the Green Car smarts hit the streets. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.