Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Easter 2007
Club smart Car > Regional Forums > The Rest of British Columbia
ValgardForkbeard
Greetings from the flatlands.

It is looking like I will be in Armstrong with my wife and, for a change, smart car for Easter weekend to visit the inlaws. Anyone up for a coffee/tea get-together, probably Saturday afternoon? I have no problem driving to Kelowna if that's where people want to meet, I just vote against the StarBucks in Orchard Mall (went there last year; man was it ever crowded!!!!)

Other suggestions welcome.

MG
yellow bumble bee
Hi from Chilliwack. Would like to meet up with you on Saturday. Just say where.
Roy
bilgladstone
I might be ready for a little trip to Armstrong by then. You guys decide where you like. Is there some kind of "heritage" cafe in Armstrong? I like old-fashioned stuff wink.gif

Bil sun.gif
ValgardForkbeard
I don't really know of any heritage type cafes in Armstrong. If there were any, they would probably be faux type tourist traps now.

Anyone have any suggestions? There is always the DQ in Armstrong, or Vernon, or I know of at least one in Kelowna. Coffee, ice cream, or other real food.

MG
yellow bumble bee
Any place is fine with me. Coffee, ice cream and pie or soup and sandwich. Havent been to Armstrong since 1965 so it may have changed a little since then. My youngest son and I will be coming. See you all on the 7th once I know where.
Roy
bilgladstone
mmmmm........ p i e ....... smitten.gif

Brenda's Bistro
Address : 3460 Okanagan St, Armstrong, BC V0E 1B0
Telephone : 250-546-3370
Homemade Food • Family Dining
Open 7 Days A Week
" Come Taste What All The Fuss Is About "
ValgardForkbeard
(bilgladstone)
mmmmm........ p i e ....... smitten.gif

Brenda's Bistro
Address : 3460 Okanagan St, Armstrong, BC V0E 1B0
Telephone : 250-546-3370
Homemade Food Family Dining
Open 7 Days A Week
" Come Taste What All The Fuss Is About "

Ok, this works for me. 3 oclock Saturday April 7th. I will get my father-in-law to check for reservation requirements.

1) Valgard and Wife (Maxwell and Linda)
2) Bill and ?
3) Roy and son

MG
yellow bumble bee
By the way my son's name is Matt. We will see you at 3PM in beautiful downtown Armstrong.
Roy
ValgardForkbeard
Greetings.

Change of plan: it would seem from my local contact that "Brenda's Bistro" has been closed since september. So, right downtown, in the Armstrong Hotel, is Beemers Bistro.

Any of the rest of the Okanogan crowd going to make it?

MG
danno
I'm heading to the Kootenays tomorrow for work and will be home late Thursday or Friday. Pending any family plans for Easter (none yet but may go to Revelstoke to see my mom) I should be available for Saturday afternoon.
smartsally
Hmmmm, did not see this thread till Bil showed me. Thanks Bil. I would like to be there because that is my Birthday but the problem is we have already been invited to a friends because it is my B-day and unless things change will have to go there. If for some reason something does change we will be there tho so don't totally count us out. Too bad one can't be in two places at one time, would have been nice to see all you guys on my one day of the year.
Sally
DaNa*
I also had not seen this post until Bil showed me:) I'd really like to attend but our family is having Easter Sunday brunch on Saturday this year. I believe it's around 12, don't know if I can get there in time but I'm definitely going to try:) Hopefully see you all there:) doublethumb.gif
Ruby Red Racer
Sounds like a plan. We are planning to attend also

Happy Birthday Sally-------Eat fast DaNa*

1) Valgard and Wife (Maxwell and Linda)
2) Bill and ?
3) Roy and son
4)Danno(1 ro 2)?
5) Ruby Red Racer(2)[/quote]
bilgladstone
Glad you can make it RubyRedRacers!

Have to remember to save some room on the calendar because Doris&Shorty get back from AZ in a couple of weeks and we need to have a "Return of the Snowbirds" GTG! South end of the Valley next time wink.gif The Princeton, Osoyoos, Oliver, Penticton, Grand Forks gang!

B:sun:
Ruby Red Racer
We will be leaving here around noon. Is there a meeting place in Kelowna to continue the trip to Armstrong? If not see you there. Beemers Bistro

RRR
bilgladstone
How about calling my cell @ 250-869-5889 when you get to Westbank and I'll catch up to you? Maybe meet at the Dilworth DQ parking lot just past Orchard Park. Sounds like smartsally and DaNa, if they can make it, will be a bit late.

Danno's in Vernon. Not sure if Roy and Matt are coming through Kelowna from CHWK or straight up #1 to Kamloops and down to Armstrong that way...

Weather is expected to be awesome - sunny and 23*C... Man, if the Starlight http://www.starlightdrivein.ca/ was open for the season, I'd hit Enderby later for a drive-in movie! opens May 4th.

Bil:)
yellow bumble bee
Matt and I will be coming up the Coke and Connector then through Kelowna. If you can give us a time to meet in Kelowna we will try to make it.
Roy and Matt
bilgladstone
(yellow bumble bee)
Matt and I will be coming up the Coke and Connector then through Kelowna. If you can give us a time to meet in Kelowna we will try to make it.
Roy and Matt

Well if RRR leaves Penticton at noon, they'll get to K-town around 1pm. Now we know you're coming this way, we can have a coffee and wait for you in DQ. I'll likely get there first.

Come over the bridge and straight through town. A fair piece along on your right you'll see the big Orchard Park Mall. Dilworth Centre is just past that, right after Skogie's Car Wash, also on the right.

Don't rely on me for directions to the Armstrong Hotel - I guess it'll just be on the main drag in Armstrong...

"You can't miss it!" ~ famous last words laugh.gif

Bil sun.gif
danno
I've been to Armstrong probably a couple hundred times (not counting times I've just driven past on the highway). There's an Armstrong Hotel? dunno.gif Shows how much I pay attention. I'm sure we'll find it.

Is it one of the ones on the road parallel to the highway, or more downtown?
bilgladstone
Here it is......... really long URL

Ruby Red Racer
(bilgladstone)
(yellow bumble bee)
Roy and Matt

Well if RRR leaves Penticton at noon, they'll get to K-town around 1pm. Now we know you're coming this way, we can have a coffee and wait for you in DQ. I'll likely get there first.

Come over the bridge and straight through town. A fair piece along on your right you'll see the big Orchard Park Mall. Dilworth Centre is just past that, right after Skogie's Car Wash, also on the right.

Don't rely on me for directions to the Armstrong Hotel - I guess it'll just be on the main drag in Armstrong...

"You can't miss it!" ~ famous last words laugh.gif

Bil sun.gif

See you there

RRR
danno
(bilgladstone)
Here it is......... really long URL

Yes, I looked that up as well. It just doesn't seem right from what I know of Armstrong. That seems like it is right by the golf course, and I don't recall a hotel there, unless it is in an old house. I could very certainly be wrong.
yellow bumble bee
Will be leaving Chilliwack at 9am. See you in Kelowna at the DQ at ONE
Matt and Roy
ValgardForkbeard
Greetings.

We are over at the in laws right now. I checked out the location of the hotel earlier today. It is beside the railway tracks in downtown Armstrong, like Bil's map shows. To get to it, you will have to take the one-way street on the wrong side of the tracks, then cross at Okanogan Street. We will hit there a bit early, so look for the blue smart out front.

See you all shortly.

MG
rrrucke
(Ruby Red Racer)
RRR

These are my real life initials!

Regina
danno
It was good to meet everyone, except Bil of course. Beautiful day for a drive - 23 degrees and clear skies.
Not that it wasn't good to meet Bil, it's just that we had already met, so in this case "it was good seeing you again, Bil"!
All the pics I took are posted below.
Ruby Red Racer
(rrrucke)
(Ruby Red Racer)
RRR

These are my real life initials!

Regina

That's cool. Your name(the city that is) is where I lived for many years. doublethumb.gif

http://www.regina.ca/

RRR
DaNa*
Great to meet everyone today! Had a wonderful time - look forward to the next yahoo.gif

~Dana
bilgladstone
Fabulous weather - cool people doublethumb.gif

Wonderful to get together with everyone at the olde hotel... special greetings to Roy and Matt in Yellow Bumble Bee, all the way from Chilliwack for spaghetti and toast!

Drive safely everyone! Watch out for grit on the curves wink.gif Ha-ha! No photos - didn't happen...

'Til next time.... B:sun:
Ruby Red Racer
Lots of fun --- great people --- where did the time go??

Until the next time

George & Bernice
yellow bumble bee
Hey, great rally and great people Who says that you have to disable the ESP before you can spin out.
Matt and I had a great time. Yes, 814 kilometres to have spaghetti and toast. Thanks to everyone. We will have to do it again. Nice pictures.
Roy and Matt
ValgardForkbeard
It was great meeting everyone, and glad to hear that everyone made it back home safely. We have a couple more pictures to add, but just got home, and haven't unpacked the camera yet. Tomorrow after work. (which happens to be now)

MG
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.