Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DangerDan

Cross-Country Keith Comes to Montreal, Part 2: Sept. 20-21

6 posts in this topic

Right-O. Keith (enthusiast42) will be heading back into Montreal again on his westward leg this coming Tuesday (September 20th) and leaving again towards Ottawa on the morning of the 21st.

He'll only be driving in from Quebec City, so should arrive in town early on the Tuesday afternoon. He will again be staying overnight in Boucherville, so if anyone is interested in meeting-up late Tuesday (afternoon or evening) or again on Wednesday morning (perhaps a breakfast west of downtown as he heads towards Ottawa) speak here and we'll see what we can come up with.

I'm thinking a sampling of Montreal smoked meat could be in order at some point, but once again, nothing is set in stone so if you're available on Tuesday evening or Monday morning, let's hear it.

Cheers!

edit: got them days of the week straight. Thanks, Eldor.

Don't you mean Tuesday evening or Wednesday morning? :)

Anyway, I just saw my car in the yard at Silver Star, so it's quite likely that I'll have it by Tuesday. And if so, I'd love to meet up with you and Keith etc.

I could do Tuesday evening in town, and/or Wednesday morning out in the West Island.

Cheers!

To update our local Montrealais; I've spoken to Maire (Keith's host in town) earlier today and have left a phone message with Keith about his arrival in Montreal on Tuesday afternoon. As per my usual M.O., things are still quite up in the air ? at the very least until I hear back from Keith himself.

As it's still an unconfirmed rumour, I do somewhat hesitate to mention it, but there is a possibility that Keith may stay in Montreal until this coming weekend for a conference on climate change. The possibilities to meet would then obviously expand.

More later as plans materialize...

Just a quick note to let you know I am completely zonked.Ship arrived 9 hours late Sunday into Natashquan, and I ended up sleeping in the car...Monday was terribly long on the road. started at 8 am somewhere near Havre St Pierre, and arrived in Quebec City at 11:15 pm - only stop was 2 hours in Baie-Comeau.I may skip Quebec City entirely now and sequester myself somewhere to get it together. The site is now 5 days behind in updating, and many articles that were requested from other sources for submission have never come in, so I will create them myself.

Thanks for the update, Keith. Rest up as much as you can, that's the most important thing right now. No stress, we can get together when you feel up to it. Cheers.

I'm sorry to read that you had to skip Qu?bec City. Sorry also that I've not yet had the time to produce anything for your website....what with work and leaving for Europe in 4 days I doubt I'll make any further progress here either.

All the best for the rest of the trip!