Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
garry stearns

Mercedes / smart Parcels for 2007 Relay......

17 posts in this topic

This afternoon I was contacted by Mercedes Benz / smart regarding the promised gift packages for the 2007 Cross Canada Relay.They apologize for the long delay and all but 12 packages will be sent tomorrow, August 14. The other 12 packages will be sent upon them receiving T shirts in the M, L and xl catagorey. Those t shirts will be sent by Sun Life in a few days, direct to Rob at MB.Thank you for the patience. I knew MB / smart would honour their commitment.Garry

Thank you Garry for all your work on the rally and the administrative hassles, etc.A parcel arrived from Mercedes this morning containing the Sun Life thank you gifts.I propose that any of us who drove in the rally pass on our thanks by sending a donation to the Bruce Denniston Bone Marrow Society. (see an earlier thread for contact info. or use oneof those left over pink envelopes.) My donation is going out in memory of our friend Bob, who lost his battle with leukemia last year in spite of a bone marrow transplant.-Smartmom

Edited by smartmom

Thank you Garry for all your work on the rally and the administrative hassles, etc.A parcel arrived from Mercedes this morning containing the Sun Life thank you gifts.I propose that any of us who drove in the rally pass on our thanks by sending a donation to the Bruce Denniston Bone Marrow Society. (see an earlier thread for contact info. or use oneof those left over pink envelopes.) My donation is going out in memory of our friend Bob, who lost his battle with leukemia last year in spite of a bone marrow transplant.-Smartmom

Thank you, Smartmom. 2006 had a few challenges, however, in the end the goal of raising awareness for Bruce Denniston Bone Marrow Society was attained. If I was to do another relay, I would hire an accounting firm for the tracking and collection of funds. The accounting firm I use for my business would be more than willing. The charity understood why I did not organize another relay and at the same time was disappointed due to the wonderful awareness created from the media and ourselves. Perhaps at a future date, if there is support from the members.GarryP.S. I am anxious to see what MB / smart put in the packages, with the Sun Life goodies. Edited by garry stearns

Our group of 3 rally drivers/ smart car owners received 3 Sun Life t shirts (nice quality !) and two travel mugs.One of us does not drink much coffee, so two mugs are just fine.I had hoped for a letter or card from MB - but no - just the logo on the outside of the box. They did pay for the shipping.When I looked at the Bruce Deniston charity web site i saw they had been active in other fundraisers - in B.C. closer to their home base.There were runs of various lengths and even a weight loss or inch loss challenge last spring. A fine idea for us couch potatoes.-Smartmom

The cost of each package by courier, is approx. $15.00 to $16.00. That is a hefty bill for MB to pick up and I am grateful for this effort. I was under the impression they were going to include a gift (as in 2006) as well, therefore sent a thank you to Eva at MB with the statement "I was under the impression MB was going to include a gift, as in 2006, as well." It may be a timing issue, given the long delay and change in corporate budgets etc.They are a great group at smart / MB therefore I am very grateful for the support throughout both Relays.Garry

We got a 2X size shirt -- might fit Shaq, but WAY too big for me and cheapohubby!! <_<

Send me the replacement size and I will buy one and have it shipped locally.Garry

Garry; might have been a mix up, wait and see what some of the little (little extra) people get for shirts first and then a couple shirts might have to be exchanged between members. Totally at your expense of course :P

Garry; might have been a mix up, wait and see what some of the little (little extra) people get for shirts first and then a couple shirts might have to be exchanged between members. Totally at your expense of course :P

Great idea...............at your expense of course! :P

I got a shirt and a mug in a M-B box the other day with no explanation - not M-B stuff, I assume this was the relay package? Thanks.

After all that... my package went back to MB.... c'est la vie.... I got the card late. They use FedEx Ground, so you have to be home.

After all that... my package went back to MB.... c'est la vie.... I got the card late. They use FedEx Ground, so you have to be home.

Send me your new co-ordinants, by pm and I will get a hold of Rob, at MB.Garry

Got my package two weeks ago in a Mercedes box - mug and shirt from SunLife.Cheers,Bil :sun:

We did, too, nice surprise, but no explanation. However, it was nice to receive a pleasant surprise. thank you! ----- Alberta

Very Pleasant surprise... And thanks a million Garry for all your hard work. You really are one of a kind and are a very special person. KUDOs!

Thanks Garry!It was strange getting the MB box with Sun Life stuff inside without any explanation. It took me a second to figure out what was going on. :lol:

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Chatbox
    You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More