Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
steveyfrac

Climate Change: The Debate is Over

29 posts in this topic

Yep, population density isn't good...in places.  Not in Japan's league, but not brilliant either.  But it's only the overpopulated bits that are, erm, over populated.  I live in the countryside where that's not an issue.  Where I live has a far lower population density than London...or Vancouver.  Its horses for courses.

By birth I'm actually from the Northern Isles, and when Mrs Chopper retires (she's younger than me) I'll be moving back home.

3 hours ago, Willys said:

.....this weekend it finally got close to 30 degree's celcius.......last year we had weeks of close to 40.....WTF..?

Be thankful that those temperatures aren't MINUS 30 or 40.  Compared to some other countries, we have it pretty good here...climate-wise.

3 hours ago, Willys said:

He's over the age where your healthcare wants to repair people.....

That sounds a lot like car repairs.  The insurance company will refuse to fix an older, slightly damaged car (from an accident) and will, instead, write it off!  A car that I own was broad-sided on a multi-lane highway and although the car was drivable and required only one window and body skin (to be painted) at a cost of $800, I was told the "blue book" value for that year and model made it too costly to repair.  The car was totally rust-free and mechanically in better shape than most brand new cars.

Sorry to get off-topic ..... Meanwhile, back to the climate change discussion

On 7/7/2019 at 2:37 AM, Chopper said:

Because his house is now underwater due to sea level rise?

Yup; the current sea level is finally above what it was about 1600 years ago. 

Amazing how much CO2 was being produced by all those camels and such back then! 

1 person likes this