Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dieselkiki

Smart trip across canada just to discover!

26 posts in this topic

There's somone else who cross the canada in a smart "thing"?? So, a morning I get out of my bed and I think to myself: "You went to France, Germany, USA, Holland but you've never been to whole canadian country" I called my boss and say him: "I take a month off to crossong canada!" :P

I took some pictures of my little 15000km road trip. Enjoye! ;)

From east to west:

I'm start from St-Jean-sur-Richelieu (Québec) in direction of New Brunswick.

Posted Image

And after... Nova Scotia. Sorry for P-E-I people, confederation bridge rates was to high!! :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Somes friends to the park in Halifax suburbia! :P

Posted Image

We had to pass by our home town to go to the west provinces!! :rolleyes:

Posted Image

Ontario was the longest province to cross! A lot of 70/90 km/h road. <_<

Posted Image

Posted Image

And between Sault-Sainte-Marie and North Bay, the fuel are... little expensive!

Posted Image

In Ontario, you can't say to policeman: "I didn't know!"

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Little bit over North Bay, the check engine light goes on and the engine shuttoff by itself. I was uhmm... little angry. After a short checkup, the fuel pump dont run when I turn the ignition. I give a kick to the sam box under the dash and "OH"!!! The fuel pump restart!! Ha!! Piece of... :rolleyes:

Posted Image

Arrived to Manitoba!

Posted Image

After Manitoba?? Yesss!! You'r right! Saskatchewan!!! :P

Posted Image

Regina!

Posted Image

After Saskatchewan... the Country of fossil fuel!! B)

Posted Image

Posted Image

"PUMP JACK" :o

Posted Image

To the top of Calgary tower! :D

Posted Image

Letherbrige national parc.

Posted Image

Posted Image

There's no place like this one in Québec...

Posted Image

After Alberta...

Posted Image

"Mother nature fuel" ... ... MOUAHHAHHHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!! :lol: (Bad marketing). :P

Posted Image

Stanley park (Vancouver)

Posted Image

The ferry to go to Victoria.

Posted Image

Posted Image

So... this trip was not without pain for the "thing". I hit a "HOLE" on the road and it hooked the rear swingarm (DeDion suspension). <_<

Posted Image

And uhmmm... the fuel tank on a smart CDI are evidently too small. <_<

Posted Image

Somone else have some picture of canadian road trip??

What a wonderful trip it is to cross Canada on Highway One!Happy Trails, mon ami.Bil :drive:

looks like a very nice road trip. but you missed newfoundland . well newfoundland is just a trip in its self. if you ever go there you can ferry over to the islands of st.pierre miquelon also.

Welcome back Dieselkiki,I thought you sold your smart or converted it to electric or something.Did you buy another one?CANMAN

Super road trip! You should have contacted us before you came here, we would have had a special meeting for you!!!!!I drove with my wife from Toronto to Vancouver Island in our 2006 smart in February 2010, but we went through the USA. I have driven to Québec through Canada twice, once in a Peugeot 405 (1998) and once in a Mercedes C 230 K (2004). I got one of those famous Ontario speeding tickets, I was going 122 but he wrote the ticket as though it was only 105. Nice. Good thing he didn't catch me at 215 on the Prairies!This a great country and I would way that every Canadian should do this at least once by car or on a train. Next time I have to get east of le Ville de Québec, there is a lot more to see!

It looks like a beautiful trip. Maybe I can convince the other half (Leadwing) to take some time off and do this too. Yes Mike, if we do this, we will let you folks know.

Congratulations on your trip across Canada.We enjoyed the pictures that captured the excitement of your journey.Ron M.HIGH IQ

Edited by HIGH IQ

Great trip! I envy you. Great photos too.Keeping a nationwide perspective: you really need to go to Beaver Creek Yukon and Inuvik NWT in order to have been "across Canada" by road. Your cabin awaits you here at Horse Creek Yukon for your next adventure.CheersCarl

Edited by yukoner

I don't know if I'd do the Dempster in a smart, but it is on my list for sure!

Nice pictures.

You can see mine by going to http://100mpg.ca/100-mpg-challenge/

There's a link to almost all of my photos there.... with words

For the ones with just photos: (be sure to click 'more' in each post to see all the photos, otherwise yu'll just get a couple from each...)

http://100mpg.ca/index.php?s=scenes+from+the+road

That should keep you busy for an hour!!

Look like you had a great trip. How long did it take you?

It take 3 weeks. That was the maximum days off my boss could according to me. :/ Yes, that was great! :D

Welcome back Dieselkiki,I thought you sold your smart or converted it to electric or something.Did you buy another one?CANMAN

The guy who was supposed to buy finaly dont buy and leave me the cashdown. And on the 3 mercedes I was supposed to buy to replaced the smart, the first was sold, next was crashed and the third refused my offer. So... I think I can not force the destiny. I'm stuck with this "thing". <_< Ah!! :rolleyes:

Great trip! I envy you. Great photos too.Keeping a nationwide perspective: you really need to go to Beaver Creek Yukon and Inuvik NWT in order to have been "across Canada" by road. Your cabin awaits you here at Horse Creek Yukon for your next adventure.CheersCarl

Next time, for sure! There's alot of other place I want to go with the smart: Alaska, Prince Edward-Island, Northwest territories, California, Florida and maybe mexico... ;)

Super road trip! You should have contacted us before you came here, we would have had a special meeting for you!!!!!I drove with my wife from Toronto to Vancouver Island in our 2006 smart in February 2010, but we went through the USA. I have driven to Québec through Canada twice, once in a Peugeot 405 (1998) and once in a Mercedes C 230 K (2004). I got one of those famous Ontario speeding tickets, I was going 122 but he wrote the ticket as though it was only 105. Nice. Good thing he didn't catch me at 215 on the Prairies!This a great country and I would way that every Canadian should do this at least once by car or on a train. Next time I have to get east of le Ville de Québec, there is a lot more to see!

Done this on September this year (Victoria - Ottawa) with our 2011 GMC Terrain, it takes almost 7 days cause we stop a lot , and we will do it again (Ottawa - Victoria) on this coming Thursday December 22 in GMC Terrain again .. So excited and a little bit worried .. Perhaps not much snow will be falling ..

Pshaw, we went though a blizzard between Michigan and Madison WI in the white smart, were the fastest thing on the Interstate and it was all good. That said, Interstates are safer than the Northern Ontario part of the TCH. Which is why we went that way.My dad drove me across Canada, Montréal to Vancouver Island, when I was 12 in 1972. That was in his Dutch-registered 1972 Peugeot 504. It was summer and good times, we were moving back to Canada. That why I am so glad I was able to do the same trip with him - in a Peugeot (!) - several years before he died. Fabulous fun! Oh yeah, in 1998 he got a speeding ticket in my 405 in Manitoba: 140 km/h in a 100 zone. I have a great photo of him getting the ticket....Heh

I agree with dieselkiki that the cdi smart's 22l fuel tank is too small for long distance Canadian driving. When going out of town, I like to carry a jerry can so I can just nip into a pullout and tip in the range-extender ;)Bil :drive:

Funny, on the trans-USA drive I had no worries at all about fuel and we usually got 450-500 km between fills. After 250 I am ready for a break anyway!

I liked to ride on transcanadian across the rocky mountain!! :)

Posted Image

And next time, I'll go to California... cause "unitedstater" are our friends! Dont forget!! :P

Posted Image

how much did that cost you in gas to drive from quebec to BC ? id like to do that but i dont have the Diesel Smart :(

Thoroughly enjoyed the photo's. I took a trip across US & Canada on my 650 Kawasaki. Took and documented all the photo's. Got to Olympia Washington only to find out that the film got cooked in my saddlebags. :santa: