Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jeremylp24

Limp mode

5 posts in this topic

Have a 2005 passion cdi with a little over 100,000 miles on it. Bought it in limp mode check engine light on and p0405 code. Since I have deleted erg and installed emulator. Now I have no engine light and no codes but it hasn’t changed anything. Still in limp mode. Car runs great just feels lack of power and will not auto shift or rev over 3200 rpm. I’m new to these little cars can anyone please help. Thank you.

Welcome to the site, many many great minds here to pick apart...lol.
OK, where did you get emulator? Have you tried simply cleaning old EGR and plugging it in without putting it back into the system, just electronically...?    I had to....I made my own emulator and that is what happened to me....yes I can solder two wires together and make a circuit board, but if this isn't your field of expertise, things happen. Try it...who knows?

Check every ground pin you can find on the entire car. yep they are a serious pain in the butt and they do look perfect but do not carry a current...again ask me how i learnt.
Check all computers, SAM, ECU Speedo.......open them all up and check for green pins and bad solder joints....again ask me....lol   BUT, do not touch any electronics without disconnecting battery first!   Also, beware of capacitor discharge when touching PC boards and pins, especially ECU....again ask me...that one cost me an ECU...!  I used sensor cleaner and a tooth brush and all I saw was a flash in the foam solution and that was it, cooked ECU...!

Try and find someone who owns a STAR system and see if they will scan it for you.....OR get your own set up....worth every penny spent!   Again ask me....lol.

Hope this helps and again welcome.

I doubt anybody in your area would have a STAR machine outside of the dealership unfortunately - wondering if there would be any MB specific codes.

Can you shed some light on what you did to delete the EGR? bypass pipe? There's aways a chance of a paper towel left in the IC or intake manifold when working on the car? (I hate to admit that I've done that in the past before). Are you building any boost?

Any possibility for you to post some of the parameters? say with the engine running?