Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smart142

Thinking of Buying a Smart ForTwo 451 (2008-2015)?

7 posts in this topic

Excellent.....video.....I recognize the carpet....lol.   Great work....

The carpet is the only way I can get things like engine hoists to roll over all the huge cracks in my garage floor. And it's comfy to work on. :P

LOL....I have about 4 layers now....every time I hear a neighbor throwing their good carpets out i rush right over and add a layer...sure helps keeping the heat in the garage in the winter.  I used to loose all the heat through the cement floor. Now I can heat the garage and work in jeans and a T shirt ....

Welding has it's own spot though.....those hot embers burn down deep, beware!   They also smolder for a while.  I ended up keeping a bare section just for welding that has a removable section of carpet.    I have way too much  in there to loose it to a fire!

4 hours ago, Willys said:

Welding has it's own spot though.....those hot embers burn down deep, beware!   They also smolder for a while.  I ended up keeping a bare section just for welding that has a removable section of carpet.    I have way too much  in there to loose it to a fire!

You could try laying down clay tiles with fire-resistant insulated backing in the welding area.  They are also self-adhesive.  Available at most hardware supply stores and building material stores.

fiberglass welding blankets go on sale often at princess auto

i bought one just before christmas it was half price

1 person likes this

excellent video's,   keep them coming..