cmj

Wanted: Rear License Plate Light Cover

3 posts in this topic

I have a 2006 Smart Cabriolet and the tab on the rear license plate light cover (left side) has broken off (see photo). I need to know where I can go to order a replacement part.

Thanks,

cmj

I'd try dealership first off, but sit down...you never know....they have surprised me more times than not so far.    Then I'd be going onto Amazon and Ebay   then it's a matter of picking and choosing the right one.  Buying one from a junk yard may just get you one almost in the same shape as the one you have now..?  Petrified....?
OR.....is the tab just the part that holds the light up in place?  IF so perhaps a small dab of adhesive/silicon would solve your problems...?  If just a small amount usedand it would ne easily removed with a sharp knife if and when the bulb needs replacing next time?  It's what I would do if it's just the hold down tab that's broken....nobody will know or see it imho, just you'll know...oh and the rest of us...lol.

Good luck.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I agree try the dealer first.  I think I bought one there and I also bought a new one off of Glenn.  The price wasn’t bad maybe ten or fifteen dollars. 

Nigel

Edited by Nigel