Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
samandbetty

samandbetty

7 posts in this topic

We're new. My wife and I own a 2006 diesel four2 passion. Has almost 80,000 km. Car has a serious oil leek. Have pulled intercooler, like new, clean inside and outside. No damage, no leaks. Checked turbo, slight oil on housing. If turbo is leaking there should be oil in hoses and intercooler, both clean. Oil leak is center of car near oil pan. Checked most obvious places can't seem to find leak. BTW, As Betty turned into driveway car left an oil streak about 15 ft long. Must be accumulation somewhere. Can anyone help.

Welcome to the club and best CDI site on the planet.....Damn I'm OLD.....can't read your post.....almost...lol

Yes some folks put a catch can  to help with EGR issues, maybe?  I'd be power washing the entire engine bay after removing the back bumper so you can get at the engine....then watch carefully where the oil may be coming from IF you can't find a catch can somewhere.
Again welcome......my eyes are hurting...lol.

5 hours ago, LooseLugNuts said:

might have to use a larger type

The small type issue was addressed in the other post by samandbetty

What samandbetty were saying in their post ( above ) is as follows

We're new. My wife and I own a 2006 diesel four2 passion. Has almost 80,000 km. Car has a serious oil leek. Have pulled intercooler, like new, clean inside and outside. No damage, no leaks. Checked turbo, slight oil on housing. If turbo is leaking there should be oil in hoses and intercooler, both clean. Oil leak is center of car near oil pan. Checked most obvious places can't seem to find leak. BTW, As Betty turned into driveway car left an oil streak about 15 ft long. Must be accumulation somewhere. Can anyone help.

To address the "streak" of oil, check your oil level  to make sure it hasn't been over-filled.  The diesel smart takes 2.7 liters of oil when drained.  NO MORE

Well...that's easier to read....lol...seems I missed a load of information...lol

Check the return pipe/line from turbo for badly pitted/rusted corrosion, well known for this pipe to rust. Then check the rubber connecting pipe to see if it has any issues. When you pulled inter cooler, did you also cut the front lower edge of the scoop back at least 1/4"...? I must be done to stop any damages. Perhaps the original owner already did this after replacing the inter cooler...?  If it is like new that is.  Also check EGR to make sure it is at least clean then operational or modify it or replace it with an emulator. Just solves the EGR issues later on down the road. I'd also check the oil pan itself for rust  or a rock hit or other damage....maybe just a bolt has disappeared..?  Leadwing is correct, NEVER overfil these engines.....almost best to run them with 3/4's full on the stick.  You can also if you so desire replace oil pane with one with a drain plug if you are thinking of doing your own oil changes....far easier than the sucker method imho as imho you get all the dirty oils out compared to the sucker....again imho.
Oh also check the oil filter black plastic cap for any damages or a bad gasket?
Hope this helps.

Thanks Leadwing and Willys. Did your suggestions, found nothing new. Cleaned engine with brake parts cleaner. Installed new intercooler (ordered before work, now have used one in good shape) Tomorrow will put in dye, hoping leak will show up with black light.

1 person likes this