pdrneves

fortwo cdi 450 2005 stop/brake lights

5 posts in this topic

hi guys
i'm new at here, have a fortwo cdi 450 2005 with a problem. i already make a big search for this problem, found identical problems but not the same, so if you guys can help me with this i will be very greatful. 
here is the problem, when i brake the yellow abs light and exclamasion light turns on, the car brake but the stop/brake lights doesnt turn on.
already change the stop/brake pedal switch and the problem is the same.

any help will be welcome

Welcome to the site.....

OK, here I go again...lol.....check all grounding pins that you can find and that means taking each one apart to check for corrosion between the eyelets. Next do you have a white flat plug in front of the battery in the battery well? If so check it for corrosion, it is usually green and fuzzy here in Canada. Next have you checked the rear bulbs for being the exact same as what was installed by the manufacturer? It makes a difference from what some have found. Check your fuel filter and or change it if needed. Check all wiring that relates to it especially ground pins.....I think there is one just ahead of the fuel filter area under the driver's seat externally.   IF this fails then start tracing your wiring harness looking for broken or pinched wires.....sorry to say.

Good luck.

Again welcome.

2 hours ago, Willys said:

Welcome to the site.....

OK, here I go again...lol.....check all grounding pins that you can find and that means taking each one apart to check for corrosion between the eyelets. Next do you have a white flat plug in front of the battery in the battery well? If so check it for corrosion, it is usually green and fuzzy here in Canada. Next have you checked the rear bulbs for being the exact same as what was installed by the manufacturer? It makes a difference from what some have found. Check your fuel filter and or change it if needed. Check all wiring that relates to it especially ground pins.....I think there is one just ahead of the fuel filter area under the driver's seat externally.   IF this fails then start tracing your wiring harness looking for broken or pinched wires.....sorry to say.

Good luck.

Again welcome.

many thanks Willys

problem solved, just corrosion on the SAM connector.

thanks again Willys

Do you have the same SAM as we do in Canada, if so it may be a good idea to open it up and unfold the circuit board to look for bad solder connections. If it is the same you will see a row of 10 pins that may have burnt or cold solder joints where you will see a crack around the pin making the connection come apart with heat as you drive...etc. IF so you can easily fix this by removing old solder with wire wicking braid or a solder sucker, then resoldering the pins using a good hot soldering gun....the old style seems to heat up the board too much when melting the solder....the newer guns heat up faster and hotter and thus work far better without any damage.
Search here on the site for SAM issues and look to see if your SAM is identical to ours.....then you can decide to peek inside.