Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cait

Cait - From Waterloo to Campbell River in how many days???

75 posts in this topic

Yeah, definitely leaving.... I've gotta be at work Tuesday June 27th at 7am in Cambridge Ontario. I'll...uh.... stop by on my way?...maybe? Maybe we can meet up in Vancouver on..... Tuesday evening?the 20th. These are all just maybes...

anyone in Vancouver want to house me for the night of monday june 19th?

AND anyone in Calgary want to house me the next night? Thanks a bunch :)

Looks like you are going to fly right by Kelowna. Too bad. Maybe you should call this new work place and tell them you are coming but on horse back and will be a few days later then Tuesday. They will probably feel sorry for you more then worry that you are there on Tuesday.

You could always ship the car by rail and fly your way home...

With your driving habits, it might work out to the same cost.

Eddie

ni dice eddie, I looked into it, and i figure it cost me at MOST 500 dollars to get out to the island incluing food, fuel, the tolls for crossing the border into the states, and then the bridge in michigan, and then back into canada, and the ferry t othe island, and places to sleep... and to ship my car alone costs over 1000 dollars....

I got annoyed with driving across the country and stopping to sleep and eat and all of those things, so I skipped the stopover in Sault Ste Marie and drove from Thunder Bay to London Ontario in one sitting (actually three.. I stopped for fuel twice and food once). 15 Hours later I was in London! I didn't continue on for the final hour to waterloo because I had to pick up my cousin in London, but when I got there she was sleeping, so I decided to call it a day and sleep too.

my best mileage was in Ontario on my way home.my best tank for distance was over 530kms...!!! WOO!!!

I'll work out all the calculations and things in the next few days.

Tomorrow i'm off to Canada's Wonderland, and the next day I start work.

Hi Cait, glad you're back!!!!

A few of us were thinking about how to arrange a surprise "Welcome Back" party but we wern't sure quite what day you would be back and when and all that. :) Any peektures? Ernie hold out okay?

-Iain

and here I thought I had lost you forever

Glad to hear that you're home safe :)

Caity my dear...... is that Ernie I see across the street again...... :cheeky:

Iain - YES i have pictures.. but theyre on my computer... and I'm so busy with work that I haven't had time...but I"ll post a few in a little while.

Mixed - YES! That's totally my car! I haven't seen yours though. Where are you parking?

Usually parked in behind the office ..............

I was told that the HOT chick that was driving the smart car last year was back across the street. I said that I didn't think Cait would appreciate you calling her the Hot chick ............. it should be HAWT chick ..... get it right. :drool3:

See you soon hopefully, glad your back.

ow ow!!!

lol and hawt is right hahaha

My cousin is with me this year, so now its two hawt chicks ;)

Total distance from Campbell River, BC to Waterloo, ON - 5477.5 kms

Total litres of Diesel consumed - 237.52 l

Total cost of Diesel - $241.56 CAD

-----------------------------------------

Mileage from Campbell River to Waterloo 4.34 l / 100 kms

-----------------------------------------

New mileage overall - 4.55 l / 100 kms

My cousin is with me this year, so now its two hawt chicks ;)

I had heard this as well and there was speculation as to who she was.......

Cait...

Recheck your spritmonitor postings...

It looks like you posted each fillup seperately, then posted the exact same time period tallied up.

I think if you remove the top post in your data... Your overall mileage might be a little better!

Eddie

finally got internet on my computer, so when i've got time I can upload my sweet sweet pictures! enjoy the avatar for now!

Few quick qestions

Did you go thru Canada

How many miles a day did you drive

was diesel available without worry day or night

She did cut thru Flint Michigan back up to Canada then across. She took her sweet time too!

Whe my Wife and I drove out here in 1998 we covered Toronto to Victoria in 3.5 days.

Toronto to Wawa. Wawa to Brandon, and Brandon to Golden. Golden to Victoria was easy peasy.

We did long days...but maybe when Cait has a day off she can elaborate...I forget how far she covered in a day.

S

"London to Victoria

Few quick qestions

Did you go thru Canada

How many miles a day did you drive

was diesel available without worry day or night "

Hiya, Lurker!

I went mostly through Canada, but Sean is right, I cut through Michigan up to Sault Ste Marie. It saved me a few hours.

This is taken from my trip back to Waterloo, but I stopped in the same places for the most part.

Day 1 - Campbell River to Nanaimo (don't know the kms)

Vancouver to Calgary = 971 kms

Day 2 - Calgary to Regina = 754 kms

Day 3 - Regina to Winnipeg = 570 kms

Day 4 - Winnipeg to Thunder Bay = 691 kms

Day 5 - Thunder Bay to London = 1198 kms

I was going to drive from Thunder Bay to Sault Ste Marie, but I just wanted to get home, so I gaver, but only made it as far as my Granny's house. The next day I drove 80 kms to Waterloo.

I wasn't ever travelling at night (except day 5..I arrived in London at 2:00 am) and I found that Diesel was readily available wherever I was. There are a few stretches in northern Ontario where the towns becoem smaller and smaller and the availability becomes less and less, but if you fill up wherever you can, then you're golden.

Are you planning a trip??? Let us know!