pulsecar

SMART 2008 PULSE WITH PADDLE SHIFTERS AND FULL AUTO NOT WORKING

2 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Hi everyone, newbie here.

I've just bought a second-hand Smart Fortwo 2008 Pulse last week , quite good conditions for a reasonable price. 

Despite that, The only issue The salesman told me, was that paddle shifters and full auto button weren't working.

I've already checked for blown fuses related to The transmission system and everything okay. Yesterday I dismounted The steering wheel and it seems to be okay everything about electric systems.

Also I have the airbag light on in my dash, seatbelts feel a little bit loose but still get backs slowly (passenger seatbelt Is more loose) drivewheel's airbag is okay and well-connected, seatbelt lock is also well-connected. What could be happening? 

Edited by pulsecar

You will have to check up on this as I am not sure but it is possible that the full auto and the paddle shift have been fitted afterwards and are not original to the car when new.

If that is the case it may be a software issue where you need to get them enabled with an OBD diagnostic tool, preferably Star.

Like I say, I do not know for sure and 2008 can be 451 or 450 (IIRC), they are different in that respect.