Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
robhawley

Servicing suggestions in Calgary?

9 posts in this topic

I have just relocated to Calgary from Ottawa. This means I need to find a new place to get my smart serviced. Is there any suggestions?Today my wife has taken the car into "Hyatt" downtown. But after talking to her, then calling them - I am getting a real uneasy feeling about that place. Are there better alternatives?

I really like Lone Star there down by the auto circle 10 heritage meadows rd SEBrand New place so everything is nice and clean there.

Both Calgary dealers have love/hate relationships with customers on the fourm. I've dealt with Lone Star, with fair results, but I'd like to convince some of the Mercedes repair independants to take on the regular services. Mr Lube will change the oil, but call ahead to check on filter availability.

A word of warning don't go to hyatt auto! Nice people, kind-of, but completely incompetent. Wrong parts ordered, only to find out on the day of service (it was a steering wheel. mine was paddle, they ordered non-paddle). Another instance they were replacing the intercooler air scoop (there is only one of these) and ordered the wrong part. Again I found out after I brought the car in. They then admitted to me that they took the airscoop off another car in their shop and tried to put it on mine, but it was really hard to take off the airscoop off that other car! So they thought they would order a new one for me! I have more incidents to recount, but I think you should heed my warning. Any dealer that is this unprofessional and near, criminally incompetent, should be avoided. I am avoiding then myself now, and will take my car to Lonestar. Anything will be better than Hyatt.

probably shouldnt read my take on them. Weber motors in Edmonton is my suggestion. The dealers here blatantly overcharge on the hourly rate and add an extra hour onto b service... just because they can... Ny last b service was 550 roughly because the service cost was 430 and about 25 to fix something that they broke last time... What frustrated me was that I went in saying that the air conditioning was blowing warm and I couldnt figure out if it was empty or a slow leak... for 62 dollars they told me that they couldnt figure out if it was empty or a slow leak. Good thing they are there.

I took Sybil in on Mon/Oct/22nd/2007 to Hyatt in downtown Calgary.I thought I noticed a big improvement in Friendliness, how clean the building was and how they tried to accomodate customers.- the reception girl is a little fox!-the whole dealership was alot cleaner compared to 5/6 months ago.-the driver was very accomodating, he kept dropping by and asking if anyone needs a ride downtown or where ever.- Did I mention the reception girl was very attractive!-When I first got there, the guy asked if I'd like a lift somewhere to have some breakfast somewhere( I thought that was a nice touch to ask that. I informed him that I already had a lovely Continental Breakfast compliments of the Lovely Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Downtown! (What a fricken hole!, Business class my ass. It cost me 25,000 Rupee's, well actually I had to convert airmiles into priority points and then I think into Rupee's.-I just waited there in the Lounge(and helped myself to there staff Coffee and Tea Area and talked to the smart people.- They asked if I would like my smart washed, I said no thank you i need to drive back to the Hat.I think I would be more impressed if they would just go ahead and wash the car.-And lastly they emailed me and asked to answer a questionaire in regards to the service there.Take CareGrubbie

What frustrated me was that I went in saying that the air conditioning was blowing warm and I couldnt figure out if it was empty or a slow leak... for 62 dollars they told me that they couldnt figure out if it was empty or a slow leak. Good thing they are there.On the air conditioning comment from CalgarySmart I took mine in for its "B" service (have to check out the competition) and I got them to check the AC at the same time as it had a leak in the system. Lone Star replaced it later in the week once they got the part in. It was all covered in the $400+ charge for the B service.

I've had good service from Lone Star but that may be because I've had a relationship with thm in the past with a couple of cars that were purchased and serviced there prior to buying a SMART. What frustrates me is the DELAY for getting stuff done, appointments made weeks in advance. Yuk!

I've had nothing but grief from Lone Star. It took me well over a week to get an appointment to get in and get a headlight changed. When I finally got in, it took them over an hour to change the headlight. Then they washed my car without asking first and broke off the antenna. Not to mention I had washed it myself just a couple of days previous, and they left water spots all over it. Finally got the antenna replaced and will never go back.Hyatt has been pretty good for me. When my check engine light came on, they got me in the next day and had it fixed within 24 hours. In my opinion they are a lot friendlier and more competent than the majority of people at Lone Star.