Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
randyzimmer

2nd Annual Niagara Falls Foliage Tour 10/17/09

33 posts in this topic

Hi Shirl I beleive we are all back to 8 am I will keep your phone # with me so we won't miss you, enjoy your sleep in.You do make some interesting typos when you aren't on yor regular computer :lol: wooopeee we are up to five smarts See you all tomorrowKaren

We had a small turn-out that was just the right size.

Big enough to feel I wasn't alone and small enough to share lunch at one table and be able to have a group conversation.

Six other cars showed up and although the tree colors weren't spectacular, the route was scenic.

We added a part 2 that went to the other end of Grand Island and had a bite.

I hope everyone found their way home OK.

See a quick video of the participants here:

tour video

rz

Thanks to all and to Brooke for sending Joe and Kelli with Timmy stuff.

thankyou thankyou thankyou Randy. it was a truly wonderufl day!Starting out so early in the day(William at 4 am) and then what a surprise your dealer shows up with Tim donuts and coffee while we get aquainted with everyone. Everyone's smart was much cleaner than ours, but no one cared.Our jaws dropped as you left your video camera alone on the side of the road on your tripod while we drove around a large block and back in front of it to get that perfect shot.(and no one stole it!)It was right in town too!! you are a wacky guy.We loved the trip through the love canal dodging potholes that could have swallowed any one of us it was like a slalom. very fun. walking out onto the three sister islands hanging over the falls was a highlite too.The country side was beautiful and who knew there was such a great restaurant hiding in a strange old house on the island. The food was great even though the desert was not shared (just kidding) We had far too much to eat.After we left you all we headed to the nearest Walmart to get Jake's popcorn it is half the price Stateside, I also picked up my favorite dvd the Burbs and Money Pit for 7 bucks. then off home no probs at the border and the noise we developed is just rust on the brake area. so no big fix it bill either.All in all it was a very memorable time and I hope others remember to keep watch for any other trips you have planned up your sleeve. I hope those who also attended will post teir pictures too I would but with dial up you don't want to hear me curse at the computer.thanks againKaren and Jake.

You are all welcome and thanks for coming!It was fun to spend time with all of you and we'll do it again a year and a week from now.rz