Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stickman007

Alternator Rebuilds/parts/pulley

3 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

After my alternator pulley got destroyed, a buddy of mine at church told me that he'll look into ordering me a new pulley. He said that he wasn't able to find an exact one, but was able to machine an steel AC Delco pulley to work. I asked him if he was willing to make a few of the smart community, and he told me it shouldn't be a problem. He's also able to get parts for DIY rebuilds or you can take it to him.Pulley with machining cost will be ~$40 - not too bad of a deal considering the steel one will last a lot longer than our stock aluminum onesRebuilding your alternator should be around $150-200Here's his info:Travis MillsMills Auto Electrics - Williams Lake(250) 392-0603This is the one that he modified for me:post-11642-1368338990_thumb.jpgpost-11642-1368338978_thumb.jpg

Edited by stickman007

Posted (edited) · Report post

I will be interested to discover whether this pulley makes your belt squeal go away.Bil :sun:

Edited by bilgladstone

I will be interested to discover whether this pulley makes your belt squeal go away.Bil :sun:

We will find out when the water pump shows up on Tuesday!! In the mean time, a lot of biking and walking :(