Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
herbie

free bling bling for the rear

11 posts in this topic

I had the mispleasure of leaving one free cup from the 2007 rally in the water to long and the bottom came apart and took on water in between the stainless steel cup and the plexiglass. So in trying to fix the cup, I took it all apart and noticed that the stainless cup might be a good size for the back of the smart to cover the engine frame holes. Well what do you know, it fits.It goes in all the way except for the last inch. There's a taper in the cup and I tapped it in with a piece of wood and a hammer for a really snug fit. Looks great.

post-366-1224162464_thumb.jpg

LOL. Nice. :)Do you really have rear wheel covers on your car?!-Iain

I just tried the cup cover (the anti-spill), and it's a perfect fit - as if it was made to go there - just press in place... :lol::)

LOL. Nice. :)Do you really have rear wheel covers on your car?!-Iain

Duck - to answer your question - The wheel skirts are photoshop. This is not my smart but a similar one. I had the idea a few years back and decided to try my luck with photoshop.I also have a model for the cabrio. This one has an open wheel concept where you can see the wheel and tire thru the skirt - in other words, the Tridion is the same but there is no panel color on the wheel skirt. Hey, you never know, there could be a market for this someday...