Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bilgladstone

Targa! Targa! Targa!

10 posts in this topic

http://targacanadawest.com/
WHAT IS TARGA?Targa Canada West (TCW) is an annual 5-6 day motoring adventure in British Columbia's southern Interior, commencing in 2010. The event is patterned after, and coordinated with, three current annual Targa-style competitive tarmac rallies in Tasmania, New Zealand, and Newfoundland.As such, TCW will occur in an off-peak tourism season. Appropriate sporting cars of the past and present will compete against the clock over multiple closed public road stages.

Hi Bill, Rules should be up on website "anytime" says my website designer. TSD rules say you have to run 10% below speed limit. As we will have closed roads, our lowest speed class (helmets only) is ~30-40% faster than that, so it should be quite the hoot in a smart car! (More fun to drive a slow car fast, than a fast car slow, so they say) After reading the rules and FAQ on the site, let me know what your questions are. KELLY

Bil....Bil....Bil.You are a very bad man. I was all ready for bed, just checking the computer one more time in case there had been any changes on the WWWand what to my bloodshot eyes should appear but news of a west coast Targa.I'm in.Cheers

Targa Canada West 2010 Update

August 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

Here at Targa Canada West headquarters, we are pleased to be sending out our first 2010 event update to all the folks that have been sending inquiries and letters of interest to us over the past months.

We hope this message finds you well, and as enthusastic as we are about the Inaugural Targa Canada West May 23-28, 2010.

Here's what is new:

Updated Website Targa Canada West

Rules and Regulations now online

July/August Newsletter

Also, there will be an informal information session in Vancouver BC this week. CEO and Founder Kelly Silverthorn will be on site to answer questions. The general public, potential volunteers, entrants, supporters etc. are invited to attend.

Date: Friday August 21st, 2009

Location: Vancouver Public Library-350 West Georgia Street-Alma VanDusen Room Lower Level

Directions: http://www.vpl.vancouver.bc.ca/rooms/pdf/lsccmaps.pdf

Time:8:00pm-10:00pm

Thank you all for your interest thus far, we look forward to sending your more information as it is available.

Regards,

Targa Canada West-Management Team

www.targacanadawest.com

Hmm... looks like we'll have to pick a car, driver & co-driver, navigator and service crew.

I certainly cannot afford a $4,000 entry fee, but I'd be willing to pony up a portion. Maybe put together a list of corporate donors??

If the Teamsmartcar scenario doesn't work for us this year, maybe we can put together an informal get-together to spectate.

ENTRY FEES

Entry fees are the same for all Speed Classes. All entry fees are subject

to 5% Federal GST. Discounted fees are available for Early Bird

Registration as follows. Full payment on or before November 15, 2009 the

discounted entry fee is $3900 US. Full payment from November 16/09 to

February 15th nets a discounted entry fee of $4400 USD, and thereafter

until May 15th, $4900 USD. Entry Fees paid to TCW will be deposited to

Spilker, Watson, Pigott Law Corporation, in Trust, until 35 entry fees have

been received/paid, when these and all subsequent entry fees will be

released by Spilker, Watson, Pigott Law Corporation to TCW.

B :sun:

smart car in Targa? Ick....

A 2009 fortwo ran in the recent Targa Newfoundland! LINK

Posted Image

I'd at least have put pulse wheels on it, which should still keep it out of the "improved" class since it's and OE accessory.....

Aren't they the standard US 451 Passion level 9-spokes?

Yeah, that's why I wrote that the pulse wheels would have been preferable - more rubber and it's OE.