Iratama

New to me

10 posts in this topic

Hi, I have recently been gifted a 2006 CDI and I’m having some trouble getting used to it.  It’s been sitting in BC for the past couple of years and I’m having an issue where it intermittently loses power and won’t rev over 3,000rpm.. from what I’ve been reading on this site .. it does seem like a plugged waste gate hose.  Does anyone know what the expected mileage would be if it’s not a plugged hose?  

Welcome to the forum.  It should be fairly easy to get better than 4 litres per hundred km with the diesel.  I think you should probably talk to Izzy about your drivability issues.  He is in Edmonton and services smart cars from his home in his spare time   Contact info here.  

Nigel

2 people like this

2 hours ago, Iratama said:

Thank you!  I have texted him.

Be patient as he is a very busy guy during his day job. BUT he is a very knowledgeable guy when it comes to Smart cars!!!!   And a very nice guy to deal with.

2 people like this

Thank you for the heads up.  I have spoken with him and am hopefully meeting up with him in the near future.  You are right!  He is VERY knowledgeable!

Wow! Izzy is Awesome! 😎. My smart car’s issue was the EGR and Izzy fixed it right up!  Runs Great now! 👍. Thank you Stickman 007 😁

4 people like this

Iratama 

Thanks for the update.  We know Izzy is a bright guy and it’s good to hear he is looking out for our new members as well.

Nigel

Told ya....lol.

I suggest you keep his number handy.....or on speed dial........then do all the mods he suggests........he definately knows whats best for your enjoyment of these little cars. 
Did you do the bypass....or just a good cleaning?

Hahaha! Yes you did! 😃 and I Thank you 🙏🏻 

the EGR was super dirty and seemed almost seized right up, so Izzy replaced it for me.  Now it runs awesome! 

I Highly recommend Izzy and this forum!  Sooo many great people! 👌

2 people like this