Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Willys

Airbag light came on...Hmmm...?

6 posts in this topic

Airbag light is on.....
No codes....Tried turning it off with STAR...didn't take...Hmmm...?

I think I caused it by turning key on while speedo was unhooked changing dash to install stereo....DOH...!

I retaught speedo, still on....

I'll go after under seat connection when it warms up a tad...freezing cold now...lol. I did stuff my hand under seat searching for something or other....don't remember...?  So could have caused it that way..?  But no codes...?

So, if anyone has any ideas...please speak up.....

Is there any wires I may have forgotten to attach under speedo for airbags?   I thought I hooked them all up?  

I also unhooked the centre consol, the one with the triangle etc....is there anything in that which could cause this?

I'm surprised the STAR didn't reset it....this is why I'm asking...thanks guys.

20 hours ago, LooseLugNuts said:

star cant read srs codes?

It has the ability to reset the airbags with in it as I tried to do this.....so I must have a wiring issue that I need to address to get the light to go out...?    No there are no codes showing....which I find strange..?

Hi Willys,

That same thing happened to me when I removed the seat, and turned on the ignition. I had no codes either, but once I reinstalled the seat and connectors, the DS150 was able to clear it. Your STAR will do it too, I'm sure. Check the connectors under the seat.

Dan

But.....lol....but....I removed the speedo head to get dash all out and while installing radio, new aftermarket, plus new sound boxes from junkyard, to see if it worked correctly I powered it up using key......that's what did it I think as I never took seat out or unhooked it, BUT did fish around under seat looking for a tool I misplaced and felt the wiring and connections.....so maybe I upset them...?   Maybe tomorrow it'll be warmer than today ...?   I had to scrape the windshield this morning....!....augh!

solder those seat wires directly...get rid of the connector 

even if it isnt the current problem..its a future one

1 person likes this