Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Goneski

Rough Shifting...rougher than normal

7 posts in this topic

I can get to go into gear, shows 1 in the display. I go to pull away and it lurches froward and stalls. I may be able to get it to go into gear, 1 in the display but possibly not. If it does if I give it, I can get the car rolling and away I go. Rough to shift and a delay of perhaps 2 seconds before picking up the next gear. It will lurch if I reverse as well.

So from a stop the car lurches and more often then not, stalls. If it goes into gear after this it may go or it may not. If it does not, I get 0 in the display or it stays as 0 and you can hear what sounds like the car trying to find a gear or where it is at.

Clutch actuator adjustment?

I did have a chafed wire. Fixed that and things seemed to be good for a bit. Should have added the actuator was removed but I am thinking it was not marked and is not in the correct location for proper operation.

Perhaps unprofessional wire fix.

Actual position of clutch actuator is not that critical but it should be correctly preloaded for best operation.

More specific info. I had the car into my garage. In gear and attempting to pull need to give it more rpm to pull away. Start to pull away and perhaps 3-400 ft appears the clutch slips. Can continue to drive but slow to engage and release.

Sounding like the actuator is up for replacement.

Now to source an actuator.....this will be fun....without taking a 2nd mortgage.

Edited by Goneski