Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hornhonker

Mitsubishi smart lookalike

9 posts in this topic

Mitsubishi Innovative Valve timing Electronic Control (MIVEC) engine to power the production ?i? car

August 5, 2005 Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC) has developed two Mitsubishi Innovative Valve timing Electronic Control (MIVEC) aluminium cylinder block engines to power two new models slated for introduction in the domestic Japanese market later this year. The new Outlander SUV, due to debut in showrooms this October, is to be powered by a new 4-cylinder 2.4-liter MIVEC engine. The new-concept minicar i, scheduled to join the MMC lineup in January next year, will use a new 3-cylinder 660cc MIVEC engine. The Smart lookalike ?i? concept car was shown at the Frankfurt motor Show in 2003 and was a crowd favourite. The new turbocharged 3-cylinder 660cc MIVEC engine delivers outstanding power and torque, fuel economy and emissions performance. The unit produces 47kW (64PS) and with the MIVEC variable valve timing system, it is expected to return significantly better fuel economy than the concept vehicle which achieved maximum 5-Star ratings (lowest environmental impact) in fuel consumption and emissions testing conducted in Europe in 2003. The engine for the vehicle at that stage was a one litre motor producing 50kW.

post-22-1123313675.jpg

The forfour should have looked something like that....

Kinda looks like a new beetle and a smart 42 had an illicit love child.

Are there any more details on the actual fuel economy of this thing? Also, any idea what the fortwo scored on the same emissions test? 5 stars doesn't mean a whole lot without a reference point. :)

Hey Cait, did you see in the smart spotting thread that you were spotted spotting a smart? Pretty funny. Too bad I wasn't shopping there that day, we could have had three b&w smarts in a row.

and now that picture is my background on my computer!

For a minute i thought that car was you, but you dont have a cabrio..i dont think...

Nope, you're right, I have a coupe. I don't much care for the air that blows in through my windows, let alone having the whole roof missing. :biglaugh:

its pretty nice on hot days!... and even on the cooler ones! Just get a hat so the wind doenst mess up your precious locks