Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
marchanna

Caliper Painting

70 posts in this topic

yeah, it would had been nice if it was a little brighter, but I'm still happy with it all the same. When the sun shines directly on them they pop out quite a bit, and the camera doesn't give them justice.

I think a gold undercoat would have made a difference too.

I think once I plastidip the white on the car black, they will pop even more.

I'm still happy with it. The finish is superb, and that's what's most important to me.

It looks great! Well done!

It is mildly surprising that a supplied paint code doesn't quite match the original paint, even after curing. Maybe send them a picture, who knows, they may even refund you.

I emailed them to ask about it, but haven't received a response yet. Because it's a single stage process, I suppose it's near impossible to get it bang on. The actual paint process is probably a tri-coat.

I actually went with the Camaro Synergy Green because it was almost identical to the Smart electric green only a little brighter. I was hoping to get a little extra pop. Taking that into consideration, it's a lot darker than it's suppose to be.

I would imagine that to get the colour bang-on, it would need to be sprayed over a white primer.

I would imagine an etching primer would also dramatically improve the paint's adhesion to metal.

I don't foresee adhesion being an issue with this product. They give a lifetime warranty against peeling and flaking when applied to bare metal. I used a combination of wire wheels, grinding stones, and standing drums on my Dremmel to take it down to the bare metal and remove the texture on the show faces - I think this is more than they expect. Then it was further cleaned with a brake cleaning product they supplied in the kit.

Time will tell if it holds up to their claims.

I tried giving them the code, but it's not registered yet. So I went with the Camaro colour because I compared them and it was close enough.

Posted (edited) · Report post

This is what the synergy green looks like:

2010SynergyGreenCamaro005.jpg

Compared to the Electric Green:

601971_10151340417512191_1330110891_n.jp

Edited by marchanna

So, I emailed G2 and asked them about the colour being darker than it should. They asked for some pics, then they decided to send me a new batch free of charge. The QC department determined the colour I got did not match the colour code I ordered.

Excellent customer service and very personal.

So in conclusion, if you don't mind the price and want a top quality result for your callipers, G2 is the way to go. I haven't seen any calliper paint that even comes close to this quality.

Give them five years of exposure and then we can compare and draw conclusions.