Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smart65

Motorcycle Mob runs amuck in Mississauga

10 posts in this topic

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/bike-video-mob-1.3757930

If responsible motorcyclists and dealers don't take steps to "out" these idiots, all the goodwill generated from charity runs will be eclipsed! I live within 1 km. of the QEW and hear the screaming of high-reving motorcycles at all hours of the day. They are usually in ones or twos, weaving through the traffic at extra-legal speeds. When it gets into the hundreds, somethings got to be done. 

The videographer was likely in on this stunt. It's hard to believe that a video of this clarity would be possible by a random opportunity.

Edited by smart65
Comment on video creator.

I have over 594,000 MILES on my current bike and I have NEVER done anything as stupid as that.  The local law enforcement was most likely in a Timmies and didn't want to bother with the bikers.

It's not just the high revving bikes that are annoying.  Those V-twin bikes with no mufflers are also irritating.

Fortunately, there is lots of others with cell phones and cameras taking video and photos.  They may not get them all, but hopefully, the ones they DO get, are permanently barred from driving/riding and their machines confiscated.

I described this story to a friend. She said that she'd been in traffic on Lakeshore Road in the Port Credit area a couple of weeks ago and witnessed the same scary situation. Whoever organizes these mobs probably got the idea from seeing flash mob videos where performers mysteriously congregate in public places and surprise others present with a show of their talents. There, the main object is probably the video which can be shown on the Internet to publicize the choir, orchestra or other group. A motorcycle flash mob is most likely summoned up in a similar manner using social media, but its effect is not benign, rather it is anti-social. Members of a mob like that are subject to a mob mentality, where, as they become whipped up into a frenzy, laws are no longer treated as relevant. I hope these demonstrations are put down hard by police before the practice becomes more common and hazardous to the public.  

1 person likes this

With the numbers they travel in good luck to get any of them stopped. The whole power in numbers rule comes into play, only thing they can do is tag the plates and send them a fine by mail.

The police could infiltrate the organization in order to gather evidence against the perpetrators. Confiscation of their machines would make them less likely to continue. I read somewhere that New York police have seized and crushed motorcycles involved in this sort of scofflaw activity.   

I hesitate to say this (but I'm gonna):  You guys sound like you were born old.  Convince me that you've never had any extra-legal fun.  I bet you've done your share.  

Who'd they harm?  Looks to me like one guy mulched his bike.  Ho hum.  Reminds me of the ton-up cafe racers in '60's London.  Plenty of moral outrage there too.

Just sayin'

It's amok too, amuck is what happens to three year olds in a mud puddle. ;)

11 hours ago, yukoner said:

You guys sound like you were born old.  ............   Who'd they harm?  

No, I wasn't born old, but I HAVE matured somewhat from my younger days.   Ignoring traffic signals is one good way to cause an accident, and these nimrods did it consistently in several videos that I have viewed on the subject.  Not much chance of a person in a car getting killed by them, but pedestrians are at great risk.

Who did they harm??  Every motorcyclist who rides sensibly and for the shear pleasure of being on a bike, that's who.  You ride (or rode), so you, of all people, should understand how hard it is for motorcyclists to get respect in the first place without the highly publicised actions of these fools.

2 people like this