marchanna

100,000kms on a Smart ED

28 posts in this topic

On 2/10/2019 at 1:17 PM, marchanna said:

So I replaced the rear right wheel bearing yesterday because it started making a metal on metal sounds. And just for s**ts and giggles I decided to cut it apart and take a look inside.  The races looked good but the cage was completely disintegrated. The balls where in pretty decent shape but several were fused to the remnants of the cage. Not a spec of grease in there, it was bone dry. 

Out of curiosity, what bearing did you purchase?     We're coming up towards 85k and I was thinking of buying a set and storing them until I need them, which won't be all that long from the looks of it...

Good read on this topic. OP, crazy you’ve gotten 100k km+ with such little maintenance. The 2013 ED I’m getting in soon has 30k miles already on it, and I hope to run it into the ground. 

Should round out my electric vehicle trio nicely. 

1 person likes this

My 2014 ED is still going strong -- but is just approaching 50,000 KMs. I've have to replace the front rotors and pads -- should have been more attentive to brake maintenance. Will also have to replace tie rods soon. Apart from that the car is doing well, with no noticeable battery degradation.

1 person likes this