Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fumoon

"OLD" new member from Toronto

6 posts in this topic

I joined this forum back in 2008 just to ask for the option if I should get a CDI or a civic si. At the end getting my civic but after 16 months actually got a used 2005 CDI on the side. Been posting a few messages here. Next thing I know it's been over 10 years.

At one point I swapped a 80000KM tranny in it because of the 3 bars of death, then the engine went after a year and a 89000KM engine was put in. Showing over 235000km on the dash now.  I can proudly say I'm a die hard fan of the 450. Since I worked for Honda before and now Lexus, which I can have company cars for free, but at the end I still prefer having fun with my Smarty.

2 people like this

Posted (edited) · Report post

What km did the engine die at? My first 450 went nearly 250,000 km before it was written off when a Pontiac smashed into it. It seemed to be on track for an easy 350K km.

The Canada 1 I have now has 163K km and it's remapped to ~61 HP - in fact I was thrashing it for 56 laps on a racetrack in April. I think it'll make 250K easily, if not more.

Edited by MikeT

The first engine gave up at about 210K. My tech said there's a hole somewhere on the right side on the engine block. Never bother ask what happened. It is what it is.

I thought of remapping before, but at the end of the day, I think to be able to brag about 3.7L/100Km will be more fun than saying 0-60mph under 6 sec.

If I really want to go crazy I can get the hayabusa swap, but then It will turn it into a track car other than a fun daily commute. :)

2 people like this

I also love the idea of going the distance over speed now a days....and at the moment with fuel prices double where I like them, speed is the last thing on my mind...lol.   Laughing every time at the pumps watching the pick me ups filling up for hundreds of $$$ is so rewarding......lol.    Mind you I paid over $100 to fill the wife's Honda last week...that hurt!!!

Yep, I guess that's the fun part of having a Smart. Half the time at the gas station I would have people walking over and ask me how much I'm paying to fill that up. And when people question about the safety on the Smart, I'll tell them to google 'smart ferrari accident' and they'll see what happened in Germany back in 2014.

My parts driver's own NX 200T cost him over $100 every week.....4 times more than mine.

At these diesel prices some where around $2.49.9 last I looked I can still afford to drive a Mercedes but it's a Mercedes Smart car. Because these cars are so simple technology wise and so fuel efficient as well as being a great city car I think the value of a really good car could hit around $20,000. People need to find cheap transportation, I don't look for cheap diesel I don't worry about it I let the gas guzzlers get excited over it. 80% of the people I see driving these in the major city I live in are old retired people living on peanuts.