Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
parts4smarts

Puddle Lights

16 posts in this topic

These new under-car lights, called 'puddle lights ' by some, are now availablepost-248-1251919287_thumb.jpgThey come in a set of 10 waterproof lights, each containing 4 white LEDs.12 V DC, each light is rated at 0.5 watts. They are wired in in parallel, not in series.They are rated to take up to 14 v for a short period of timeThese lights are bolted on ( NOT using tape) They can be wired to either the pin switch wire ( ON when the car is running) or to the interior light switch ( ON when you start the car, OFF when you close the door)If I can get several orders ( I need to order multiple sets) we can make them available for CAD $ 300 ( U$270) for a complete set of 10 lights, wiring, hardware and instructionsharald

puddle_lights.bmp

Edited by parts4smarts

they are cute.I wonder why Yolanda hasn't waded in here. it is my understanding via her that these lights are illegal in Canada unless you are parked on private property when using. I could be wrong. I have seen them on on roads in the states but not here.sighKaren

As a puddle light they would be perfectly acceptable. You can not drive on the roads with the lights on.

They're also called VIP lights (because they're individual pods of LEDs vs. the neon strips that teenagers use).They're legal if the vehicle is stopped/parked. Like Huronlad said, you can't have them on while driving.

My volvo does that.. when you unlock the car it lights up around the doors and all around the car and when you start the car they shut off till a door is opened again

Doesn't the Premium package option on the B200 offer "VIP lights"?

Footwell lighting.....it's part of the Interior Lighting Package that they all come with now, unless you mean something else.

Nah, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I mean the "Locator Lighting" that comes as part of the "Exterior Light & Sight" package on Benzes.

That's like the smart's lighting system......press unlock twice for the headlights to go on...... there are no poodle lights!

Oh, ok.I don't know why, but I swear I remember a rep showing me some sort of outside courtesy lights when I was looking at the B a couple of years ago.

They're also called VIP lights (because they're individual pods of LEDs vs. the neon strips that teenagers use).

I would disagree with that notion. Neon strips offer more coverage with the light, and thus more safety/practicality and better appearance IMO. Of course the LED white looks much nicer though, so if these "Puddle" lights were to cover more area uniformly, I would be interested in a set.Adam.

Disagree with what? I didn't say anything about light coverage lol. Puddle lights are mounted under the mirrors and flood the area around the driver's door with warm light. These are underbody lights.

Of course the LED white looks much nicer though, so if these "Puddle" lights were to cover more area uniformly, I would be interested in a set.Adam.

the set has 10 lights , you choose where to mount them.the picture shows one pattern, others are possible.harald

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Chatbox
    You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More