David_18

Actuator Stuck ?

36 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, SmarMy said:

Thanks LooseLugNuts for your reply.

I was hollering before I was hurt lol

I put it back in the vise and pushed it all the way in and it stayed in place.

:)

Did you take it apart and see if you stripped it by forcing it...?       Just a nasty question...?

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, Willys said:

Did you take it apart and see if you stripped it by forcing it...?       Just a nasty question...?

Nah, I didn't take it apart. Gonna bolt it back on the car tomorrow and see what it does.

IF you did take it apart you will find it filled with brown crud and in need of a good cleaning, from the two I have taken apart.....both the same......they worked much better afterwards.....just saying.  One also had damaged threads and teeth where the arm traveled.....I threw that one away and got another used one and cleaned and installed it instead.

1 person likes this

Managed to find time and weather today to refit the actuator.

I noticed when I was lining up the slots in the fixing holes that the actuator was fully forward, unyet there was no sign of the rod feeling like it was touching the clutch fork paddle.

I ran the diagnostic/teaching machine all ok.

However, when I started up and selected any gear, the engine has to come up to at least 2500 rpm before the car moves.

Any suggestions?

1 person likes this

37 minutes ago, SmarMy said:

Any suggestions?

yep

take it apart and inspect the innards for damage...and at least clean them like Willys suggested

2 people like this

54 minutes ago, LooseLugNuts said:

yep

take it apart and inspect the innards for damage...and at least clean them like Willys suggested

Yep, I took it apart and was pretty much clean as a whistle already, no sludge etc, but gave it a quick blast of cleaner and fresh grease anyways before I refitted it and found the problem I hasten to add lol..

fart actuator 1.png

Edited by SmarMy

Having trouble seeing your release fork. Is it bent or perhaps suffered due to material fatigue?

Edit.  Now viewing photo on a PC.  Looks like sector gear in clutch actuator housing.

1 person likes this

On ‎14‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 6:47 AM, tolsen said:

Having trouble seeing your release fork. Is it bent or perhaps suffered due to material fatigue?

Edit.  Now viewing photo on a PC.  Looks like sector gear in clutch actuator housing.

Sorry for the poor photo and description.

Yes it is looking inside the clutch actuator through the motor mounting hole.

When pushing the rod back manually in a vise, is it possible to push it back too far?

I'm not sure but it may get damaged when pushing it back with a vise also if it is damaged already maybe you have gotten to the broken or stripped section of the threads...?    I would open peek inside personally....that way you'll know for sure what is what.  You will either need new rivets or very small nuts and bolts to re-assemble....there is one larger rivet which is a bugger to replace that is the shaft of the gear......do some research of what the inside should look like to get an idea.  I'm sure there are pictures somewhere here.

4 hours ago, tolsen said:

Threads? Surely you must mean teeth?

Yeh yeh, I know.....you're right...lol