Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RichHelms

The Hacker Quarterly

9 posts in this topic

How could you tell it was that car? Looks like a plain red pure coupe with glass top to me. Nothing distinctive. I think that is a phone company truck. It is definately a Cdn car as the warts are on the back fender.

I was hoping maybe someone recognized the location.

maybe it was smrt grl before she got the snowflakes.... or one of the other like... 100 people with red smarts.... but it looks ornage to me

I've been scratching my head on this one. But I'm starting to believe it is a photochop. Two things that don't look right to my eyes:

[*]The shadows of the smart and of the person and van suggest different light source positions

[*]The way the van's door is kinda intersecting with the hatch and gate don't look realistic

So I'm thinking that the smart is something ripped from the internet, and the rest of it is some location in USA.

Spinner I think the van door is open wide and the smart is backed inside the swing radius slightly even though it could be an elaborate H@XOr!

S

From the smallish image, the photo looks legit. The appearance of multiple light sources is not an illusion, but it's close to dusk and the light-coloured buildings nearby are casting secondary reflections all over the place, as might the photographer's fill flashes and reflectors.

The car's perspective and angle are consistent with the scene. Even the best photochops have tell-tale discrepancies that'd give them away. Look at the inside of the glass hatch, you can see the reflection of the van's window moulding, properly distorted. There aren't many PS artists that would have the time or desire to bother rendering that bit unless they were faking a UFO shot.