Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bessy

Ontario Drive Clean Changing Jan 1st 2013

40 posts in this topic

Had the Drive Clean done last night, passed no problem and no ill effects on my Smart.

Good deal. Was it only the ODB2 plug-in? Do you have a CDI? Just wondering as mine is coming-up, too.Thanks...

mine is coming-up, too.Thanks...

If your car is a 2005 (as described in your signature), it won't be due for an e-test until 2014.

If your car is a 2005 (as described in your signature), it won't be due for an e-test until 2014.

Oh yea, they changed the schedule for testing! I forgot that. Thanks Leadwing. Yes, it is an 2005

Yep, it's a CDI, and it was the new procedure, OBD2 plug-in.

Good deal. Was it only the ODB2 plug-in? Do you have a CDI? Just wondering as mine is coming-up, too.Thanks...

Glad there's no ill effects. I tested a modified Golf TDI the other day, no cat, no EGR, bigger turbo etc... it passed with an EGR emulator. The way the testing is now as an ispector I can reject a car for a missing cat, EGR etc... but I'm not required to check for it. We can also test cars with exhaust leaks as they are up to our discretion (we're supposed to be consistent though)We've also found that the Repair Cost Limit is too low.2010 Mazda 3 failed for a bad coolant sensor, 1hr to Diagnose was the only cost to the customer cause it would cost $360 to replace the sensor. So they spent $150 and got a Conditional Pass, their car still burns extra fuel because it doesn't know its up to operating temp, the EGR still doesn't open, and they're still polluting the enviroment. But as long as they don't sell the car it doesn't have to get fixed...Makes me realize that we should have bi-annual safeties in Ontario for the people who drive with bald tires and loose tie rods/ball joints (or pinched off rear brake lines)..

Anybody know if the p0702 code will prevent me from getting my etest? My plates ran out yesterday. <_<

It's my experience 1500+ tests done on new system, that any code that sets the CEL will Fail. There's a way around it that some shops will do, most won't tell you about though. PM me if you want instructions.

No thanks, I'm good. The car passed the money grab test no problem after installing the stock map.

Is the code only present while a modified map is installed? It's very annoying when cars fail for Transmission codes (P0702 is Transmission right?)...so hard to explain to a customer that their slipping transmission can increase emissions, mostly when it passed fine on the old test.

Also question for people that can get into the smart's ECU. Does it give you the writing ability to turn off moniters? Example could you tell the ECU not to read the EGR? I tested a VW Golf many weeks ago, modded like crazy, and the e-test only read two moniters. After talking to the owner he said that he could hook his laptop up and turn moniters on and off. (that was an aftermarket Engine Management). My friend has a stock GM Truck, with factory Engine Managment and he has the ability to turn off moniters.Wondering if the smart was the same...

Is the code only present while a modified map is installed? It's very annoying when cars fail for Transmission codes (P0702 is Transmission right?)...so hard to explain to a customer that their slipping transmission can increase emissions, mostly when it passed fine on the old test.

Yeah P0702 is a transmission code. The code got cleared when I switched maps and I haven't had the 3 bars since. (It's been dry out.) I never got a cel to begin with though.

Good thing you took the hitch off before the test ;)