Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ve7joe

Fuels In Canada

34 posts in this topic

Just to let everybody know who still sells Ethanol Free Gasoline.

I know where I will be filling up.

Sept 20 2012

Thank you for taking the time to contact the Shell Customer Service Centre. Your email has been received and reviewed by a member of the Customer Service Team.

In all over Canada, Shell V-owper 91 octane premium gasoline is free of ethanol.

Thank you for choosing Shell.

Galilee

Shell Global Customer Service Centre (Pty) Ltd

10 Rua Vasco Da Gama

Cape Town, 8001

South Africa

Shell GCSC (Pty) Ltd is registered in South Africa. Company Registration number: 2006/025281/07. VAT Registration number: 4590232544.

I can do better than that, red pxl's dad works at the refinery that brews that stuff, so the word is from the shop floor, not the spin doctors.

At my Age, I learned that talk is cheap,once people or Companies have to put things in writing, making them liable,you will find many just shrugging their shoulders. I am not saying that this third hand information is incorrect not knowing anything about your friends dad, but if he works for a refinery for instance as an Instrument Mechanic,Electrician or Millwright, he likely is not officially aware of the Fuel composition or as you called it brewing.There are only two Oil Refineries left in B.C. one in Burnaby and one in Prince George.Kelowna Gas Stations get their Fuel from Washington where by Law you are not required to divulge the Fact that there is Ethanol in your Fuel.If he is one of the Chemical Engineers or working in the Lab. that would be a different story.But easy enough to make it official, I just Email them as well. By the way 93 is also more money.I shall return and post a copy of Chevrons Email Answer.

I can do better than that, red pxl's dad works at the refinery that brews that stuff, so the word is from the shop floor, not the spin doctors.

94 octane from Chevron is ethanol free. At times of the year, you may find ethanol free (or renewable diesel content free) fuel in the colder locations in other octane ratings (or diesel)They only have to meet the required percentages in aggregate - not in every litre delivered.Dad is retired this year now though..... so I will lose my inside scoop on the refinery in Burnaby. FYI.

My buddy is a chemical engineer at the Burnaby Chevron refinery and yes, it's Ethanol free.

Do you think Kelowna gets Bby fuel or something from Calgary or wherever?B :sun:

I live in Kelowna and what I saw are Commercial Fuel Trucks with a Company Name originating in Washington.I think the Production from Burnaby wouldn't even fill the needs of Vancouver and its Airport.The only other one is Prince George with even less Barrels a Day.Took 3 Days for an Answer from Shell,now after a week and 2 Emails I still have no Answer from Chevron ..... Good P.R. ? Since you don't have to declare the use of Ethanol in the U.S. I doubt that the stuff we get here from Washington is Ethanol free,perhaps that is the reason the Company is slow in responding to my Request.

Do you think Kelowna gets Bby fuel or something from Calgary or wherever?B :sun:

Edited by ve7joe

Been searching around the Intertubes and people do keep saying Chevron 94 in BC is ethanol-free. But this site only lists Hwy 97 Canadian Tire 91octane as ethanol-free.

http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=BC

So no for-sure, definitive answer yet... I'm not sure we'll ever get one, really :dunno:

We will have to use Shell 91 V Power certified by shell to be Ethanol Free in Canada.

Don't know where their Fuel comes from? Alberta perhaps.

But as I said before I believe it when I see it .... I have it in writing from Shell.

This is a good Video how to check for% Ethanol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsSQSuCiUjE

Edited by ve7joe

All righty then... Try a couple of tanks of the V-power and let us know how you make out, OK?Cheers,Bil :sun: ..... also from Kelowna, but I'm a diesel guy ;)

I have used all these different fuels in my B 200 and .....ZERO difference. Nothing. I use 94 when going up into the mountains with a full load though.

ve7joe would believe a corporate head office email over an actual eye-witness on the floor? Is this really the same guy who believes the evil oil corporations are suppressing the run-your-car-on-water devices?Only very slightly related, I have seen with my own eyes a packaging line being changed over from normal BC grown non-organic blueberries to a very high-end specialty grown-in-Oregon organic blueberry. Family farm, and according to the label they really care blah blah blah. Wanna know what the line change-over consisted of? Changing the roll of labels. I kid you not! I saw it. Same berries, grown in Pitt Meadows, sprayed with the normal chemicals.

Are you sure the source blueberries weren't changed at the same time?There are significant penalties associated with claiming organic when they're not...As far as Chevron 94 goes I don't know what the f**k it takes to convince some ofyou dickheads! It says on the pump it's ethanol free and a chemical engineer says it's so!

Quit reading in between the lines,Chevron Burnaby does not deliver everywhere in B.C. you know there are other Towns in B.C. besides the lower Mainland and I don't want to rehash my previous input just read it it is not that hard to understand.On the other hand it might be so I say it again I don't care who knows whom or who works were,we get our Gas out of Washington so even a DI*kHead understands what it means,and the U.S. dont have to declare any Ethanol. Get it?

ve7joe would believe a corporate head office email over an actual eye-witness on the floor? Is this really the same guy who believes the evil oil corporations are suppressing the run-your-car-on-water devices?Only very slightly related, I have seen with my own eyes a packaging line being changed over from normal BC grown non-organic blueberries to a very high-end specialty grown-in-Oregon organic blueberry. Family farm, and according to the label they really care blah blah blah. Wanna know what the line change-over consisted of? Changing the roll of labels. I kid you not! I saw it. Same berries, grown in Pitt Meadows, sprayed with the normal chemicals.

Re the blueberries: Yes. It was blatant fraud. Non-organic BC grown berries, willfully packaged and sold as organic product of Oregon. I work in packaging, servicing machinery all over. That's not the worst I've seen!

Quit reading in between the lines,Chevron Burnaby does not deliver everywhere in B.C. you know there are other Towns in B.C. besides the lower Mainland and I don't want to rehash my previous input just read it it is not that hard to understand.On the other hand it might be so I say it again I don't care who knows whom or who works were,we get our Gas out of Washington so even a DI*kHead understands what it means,and the U.S. dont have to declare any Ethanol. Get it?

It is actually quite difficult to "Get It?", when the grammar, syntax, and the use of capitals is so poorly done.

Get a life Kid , you are showing your age.

It is actually quite difficult to "Get It?", when the grammar, syntax, and the use of capitals is so poorly done.

Here is the unsigned reply from Chevron:From: CCL - Refinery Information <CCLREFINERYINFO@chevron.com>To: .........................Subject: RE: Dear Mr. ........Thank you for your enquiry.Chevron's 94 Octane has no ethanol; the other grades of Chevron gasoline do have some ethanol.Regards,Chevron Refinery Information >Sent: Friday, September 28, 2012 9:33 PM>To: CCL - Refinery Information>Subject: ...snip...>Are any of your Fuels FREE of Ethanol?>Looking forward to hear your official Response.>Respectfully Yours...................

Get a life Kid , you are showing your age.

And for someone who has been a member for all of two and a half weeks, you are an discriminating, illiterate idiot... Edited by lebikerboy