jbcollier

First service

9 posts in this topic

Took my 2017 Smart ED in for its first service.  They did the service, washed the car and gave me a bottle of "Mercedes" water all for $125.  I'm a retired mechanic so I know the local shop rates, and I know there is sweet diddly to do on an electric vehicle, but that is cheap.  Didn't even bill me an hour.

2 people like this

They're just buttering you up ready for later...lol..."even a bottle of Mercedes water"....lol.

It looks as if Evilutuon thinks Smarts servicing prices on the ED are not at all funny.  I'm looking forward to his update, particularly as a 453EQ will likely be my next steed.

https://www.evilution.co.uk/1328

Edited by Chopper

My first service for 2017 Smart Car at Mercedes in Vancouver (near boundary road) was about $225.   On the service receipt they document having done oil and filter - even though the car doesn't have this.  they just didn't have another code for servicing smart electric cars.  

I bet they simply needed to plug it into a STAR type machine and see if it through any coses etc, if not, see ya....lol  They are still criminals.....but you can't do the job yourself.....I long for the old days of a simple single wore required to run an engine....lol

I was told the next service requires a battery coolant change.  Raised my eyebrows a bit as most coolants are good for much longer.

I'm booked for first service oct. 29 at a cost ~1500 SEK / ~130 € / ~120 USD
That's the same amont of money I spend per month to feed myself :-(
So november '19 I have to live of love, fresh air and water ...

_20191015_165549.JPG

Assuming that's for your 2018 EQ, what exactly are they "servicing" for that 130 Euros....? :)

Hopefully service the brakes and there is a desiccant filter to replace.