Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Anita-In-KC

Hi from Kansas...

12 posts in this topic

I've been lurking for awhile, and decided to post. I reserved my smart on 4/4/07...I just can't WAIT!! The tour is coming to Kansas City...but not until OCTOBER! However will I wait until then?? I'm just hanging on the dealer appointments. Maybe I can get a fix in July or August, when I can go & actually place the order. At least I can come here & view pictures & hear about how truly awesome this little car is. Oooo...jibity-jibity!! :smitten: Anita

Anita, that is around the same time that I will get to see and drive one. My closest location is Tulsa, OK. I will drive about 5 hours to get there from AR. I share your enthusiasm.

Hey, that's awesome! You know, the tour is in Chicago on/about the 24th of this month. I actually thought about getting a cheap plane ticket & going to Chicago to see one...but my dear hubby thought I was crazy!! Of course, he has tons more patience than I do. My motto? "God give me patience...and I want it NOW!" LOL!!

Hehe, I know what you mean. Like a kid waiting for Christmas. Although, this summer seems to be passing by pretty quick. Oh how time does fly as you get older...

Oh, god...you said the dreaded "old" word!! LOL!! But oh so true. Seems like ony yesterday that I was waiting for the tour dates to come out. And now I'm waiting for the dealers to be assigned. So, I guess there are small rewards along the way. Something to keep us satisfied. At least we can look enviously at others' pictures!! Oh, and wish that very attractive "ruby red" smart was available to us yanks! Dang, that's a good looking car!

I wanted a smart so bad that I gave the local Mercedes dealer a $500 deposit on the off chance that the smart would come to Canada back in Nov 2002. I remember the salesman telling me that the smart would never come to Canada before the big market USA.Well, miracles do happen and I've now been driving my baby for more than 2 1/2 years. The WAITING was the hardest part!!The Chicago trip sounds like a good plan to me. Better to drive a smart to see if it will live up to your expectations, rather than torture yourself! :dunno: Better yet, fly to Detroit for July 18-26, and I'm sure you would meet some Canadian smart owners.

I wanted a smart so bad that I gave the local Mercedes dealer a $500 deposit on the off chance that the smart would come to Canada back in Nov 2002.

And he was a latecomer; I had my speculative deposit in on July 10, 2002. I got my car 908 days later....Truth is, I just about gave up a year before I got it....it seemed that they would NEVER arrive.....then a year later I was driving it.So hang in there! The anticipation was actually good times, in hindsight that is ;)

Hang in there - absolutely. I'll top Mike T 'tho. I've posted this before but it seems a good time to say once again - In 2002 I was about to buy a Miata. Held off and went to Europe. In Frankfurt I saw my brother in laws Smart. He said take it for a drive. I wanted to steal it. I'm still waiting.

:welcome: Anita to CsC. My dad lives in Topeka, Kansas. He's only been down there (from Mpls) about 4 years. Why he moved, I'll never know.Any, I'm waiting too and I hope the count down flys by! :tongue3: Regina

A bunch of us waiting & reading. Welcome to the best, most active& friendliest Smart Car site I've found. :yahoo:

A bunch of us waiting & reading. Welcome to the best, most active& friendliest Smart Car site I've found. :yahoo:

Here here! I love this forum. :welcome:

The tour hits A2 Michigan Jul 18-26. It will be at at the Annarbor Art Fair. This event is one of largest judged art shows in the country. I understand a Smart car resides in the art museum in NYC, so I guess it's fitting.A2jack