Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
McSmart

Fuel economy and tank range calculator

13 posts in this topic

FolksI just picked up my Smart last week and have only put two part tanks through it so far. However as with most of us here I love to see how much I am not spending on fuel with this little vehicle. I put this simpple little spreadsheet together to calculate the stuff that I am interested in and thought that it might be useful for others here. It isn't any rocket science and I am sue that most have a version of this that they have developed themselves, but it may be useful for a few.If you enter the data in the yellow cells it will calculate fuel consumption in L/100km and MPG (Imperial), theoretical fuel range if you had completed the tank (22 litres) at the calculated fuel consumtion and percentage of the tank used when you filled. Also calculated is the theoretical cost of fuel per week driving to work at the calculated fuel economy. You will have to edit the formula to incude your own distance driven per week. Mine is 525 km. You can either enter the odo reading manually or let the spreadsheet calculate it from the data entered.Hope that it's at least useful for someone!Robin

Smart_Fuel.xls

That works but you could also try spritmonitor. It's a free German site that will record all that info and more. You can also check the mileage of other smarts.Click on the 4.4 icon in my profile and you'll see what I mean.

I saw mention of spiritmonitor but I haven't had a look yet. It does sound pretty useful though. I just created this because I like to tinker and I like to play around with how the data is presented! I'll go take a look at spiritmonitor though... thanks.Robin

I haven't used Spiritmonitor yet as I am waiting until I have passed 1500km and have had a week with my new Scangauge! My wife is holding onto that until my birthday though... so I have a couple of weeks to wait. I will try Spiritmonitor though.ThanksRobin

You're right....McSmart from Fergus, although it is pronounced more like FERR-GIZ Originally McSmart from Glasgow, pronounced GLES-GAA :biglaugh:

Faerrrrrrr-Gus! the home of the "other" Highland Games...Greetings from a displaced Glengarrian...

McSmart from FEEEEEARGUS!:)

How do you get the US and Imp conversions in your signature? I checked the source but it wasn't obvious to me. Many thanks, Mark

Faerrrrrrr-Gus! the home of the "other" Highland Games...Greetings from a displaced Glengarrian...

I am a displaced Glengarrian myself (as well as a displaced Glaswegian and a displaced Montrealer and displaced Ottawa person - I get around). I lived in St. Raphael's village between South Lancaster and Alexandria for 7 years myslef. I have also been to the Maxville games many more times than the Fergus games....... so far.It's a shame that you are all so far away or we could have met at the Fergus Highland Games this weekend for a mini Smart Gathering! I'll just make my way over to the Glenmorangie and toast your absence :beerchug: I'll just have to try and park beside the Smart from the Fergus Scottish Shop and make believe that I am at a really small gathering.Robin