Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smartdawg

London: Weekly Smart Gatherings

86 posts in this topic

Hey everyone. A few of us Londoners routinely get together for a beverage and some smart talk. We encourage any out of towners to swing by too - you're more than welcome! :)

The next gathering will be:

Date: Tuesday, June 7, 6pm

(here: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=190+Wortley+...32391&hl=en)

As an added bonus, there's an antique car show that takes place on Wortley Road every Tuesday evening right at the Roadhouse so there's another good reason to go. Our cars are too new to enter but from my experience, they get more attention than the classics even when parked off to the side of the show.

Thanks to smart142 for organizing this one.

EDIT: Changed title to reflect the weekly status

Update:

Just got the following info from smart142:

"Vintage and special car meet every Tuesday night after 1730hrs. I was talking to the organizers and they said the smarts would be welcome. Wortley Road is closed for one block north of the roadhouse to show the cars. They have bbq's going,50/50 draws and a prize draw for the drivers. If you plan to attend just arrive at 1730 and they would keep the smarts in one spot. See ya there."

Too bad Cait. The best part of the evening is sitting on the patio of the Wortley Roadhouse with a cold beer. :beerchug:

I didn't go last night as it was pouring rain.

Is anyone going tonight because there was no one there the last time i went a few weeks ago.

Hey smrtwan,

I'll be going if the weather holds up. Right now there's a 40% change of t-storms. If the weather is inclement, I'll be going straight home from work otherwise count me in for around 1830 or so.

smart142, Ramona? Either of you two going? :beerchug:

Had three out on Tues-pure,pulse, and a passion.Parked perpendicular to the curb and sat on the patio at the Roadhouse and kept an eye on the cars as we drank beer.Let the cars do the talking.

Had a rainy day in London -I was the only one that showed up on Wortley Rd. Parked beside a 1931 model A that had been lovingly restored. Had a great chat with the owner who has had the car for the last 35yrs. He was telling me that the flywheel weighed about 65lbs.- 1/2 the weight of our whole motor. It seems Tues attracts rain and keeps the cars and people away. Maybe next week. :race:

Too funny.

I got there around 7pm and also parked beside a 1931 Model A. I found it rather funny when the owner looked at me in surprise and said "hey - a smart was just parked there!". Must have just missed you Glenn. Unfortunately I had to stay at work a little later than normal.

The weather turned quite nice after 6:30pm or so - just in time for my arrival!

You bet. Supposed to be a balmy 34 degrees C. It would be great to have you swing by if you're in the area.

I should be there by 5:45pm. I should be drinking a beer on the Wortley patio by 6:00pm.

Kirk.

Hey! That was something! I'll post a few pictures soon. I enjoyed: The 401 drive west of Kitchener; The Elvis impersonator; London's cosy feeling in that neighbourhood; $2 for a burger and pop at the end of the street classics gathering; And, just the adventure of it all.

This muggy night has brought out lots of bugs. My car splattered at least a hundred of them on the front.

Looks like it would be a good evening for a smart gathering. Only a 10 per cent chance of showers! I was womdering if anyone in the London area would be interested in meeting as a group on the 31st to attend the show on Dundas E. PM if you're interested. Now it's time to shine up my Gina. See ya!

Was a scortcher today-33 and I was the only smart out. They allowed me to park with the big boys on the street! I sat back in the shade and was again amazed at the interest in the smart. Always a crowd! A friend walked by and didn't see me or the car because it was surrounded like the smart commercial. I can hardly wait to go on the Woodward cruise to see the reaction from the American public who have not been exposed to the smart. :thewave:

If I can, I'll be there. May have a few bugs on the front. though. No time to clean it today.

See 'ya, maybe.

I was able to make it. Me and SMART GIRL holding the fort. Good people turnout. Live band.

Overall a nice evening.

I might be able to go this coming tuesday. the 30th I think it is... but I dont know where you guys meet! is it at the same place as the first one.. the Wortley house or something?

count me as a maybe.

Who else is going next week?

The Wortley Roadhouse is the pub at the south end of the two blocks of Wortley Road that's closed for the event.

Starts around 5:30 and runs to dusk.

I'll be there (weird that I have a doctor appt @ 7:15 in the same building the pub's in). I'll try to park as close to pub as possible.

Anyone else confirm arttendance?? I can try to save some space together for us all if I know count. :smart: