Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
quirky1

MSRPs for 450s

12 posts in this topic

What were the MSRPs for the 450s when they were brand new? Were they around $30K? Many people I run into seem to think that's the price of the 451s. (For that matter many still think they run on diesel.) Just curious. In a way it's nice that people think I drive around in a car that is more expensive than it really is.

Model Coupe CabrioletPure $16,700 $19,700Pulse $18,700 $21,700Passion $19,650 $22,650

Edited by lebikerboy

23,804 was the number on the bottom line for my pulse after all the pdi and service fees got added and of coarse our wonderful GST.I didn't even get heated seats.

2005 Pulse: all tied up with a bow, including all taxes, pdi, license and 12 months insurance, 24K out-the-door. CAD of course.Bil :sun:

A loaded passion cabrio could hit almost 30k before tax, and easily more than 30 k after tax.Those were the 2006 prices BTW

Our 06' Passion Cabrio fully loaded, leather heated seats, upgraded sound, 6 disk changer, yadda yadda yadda was 27k cad after taxes

Don't forget to add the freight (it was $1000 or so), PDI (under $1000), 15% sales taxes (Ontario), admin fee from dealer, options, add ons etc. It is very easy to get a car way up in price...I think the Grandstyles were $26900 were they not? Before tax/fees

I come across those comments all the time as well. Just 3 days ago I was parking my car behind this Mazda wagon and the lady started asking me about the Smart car, and she thought they were still selling for $30k!When I mentioned about the recent $2000 mobility rebate and the base price around $13K, she could not believe it.

I have the original bill for my '05 Passion Cabrio, which came in at 28K and change on the bottom line. Fortunately for me, (unfortunately for the previous owner), the car depreciated 10K by the time I found it, even though it was still practically brand new.

I believe the '06 Grandstyles were 24,000 before the extra stuff was added on. Black book value now? 10-13k Yipee.