Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FlyingTigerDevelopment

Flying Tiger - Is Coming To Toronto June 5th!

101 posts in this topic

I would vote for Autoshow time, I don't really need more power or cruise during the winter.

Hmm, well, considering I will most likely be in NYC for Christmas, my vote would be February as well. That also means it would make an awesome birthday gift for me. :D

My vote would be once the salt is totally gone.... as the smartmobile is tucked away until then :P I could always just drive my ECU to TO.

My vote would be once the salt is totally gone.... as the smartmobile is tucked away until then :P I could always just drive my ECU to TO.

Perfect! That is what my gf is hoping for, so that she can join me. If we can keep this momentum and gather up the numbers. I will need the whole car for the mapping as I won't be lugging large equipment for bench mapping.Thanks.

count me in for a remap1 - Sean (booneylander) -cruise and remap2 - William (Huronlad) -cruise and remap3 - Chris (Brabus15) -remap4 - Chris (Mightymousetech) - cruise and remap5 - (davidtbrown) - cruise and remap 6 - Mike (sub-stance) - remap

I'm not going to take advantage of this offer since I already have a remap (unsupported) and an MDC cruise control. I think there are two questions that should be answered about this Toronto plan. Since you're not going to have your heavy hardware with you, you probably can't update the STAR computer for the participants. 1. Is the OEM cruise purchaser going to have to go to a M-B dealer to get it activated?2. If the remap is overlaid by the dealer in the future, what would the owner have to do in order to reinstate it?

Since you're not going to have your heavy hardware with you, you probably can't update the STAR computer for the participants. 1. Is the OEM cruise purchaser going to have to go to a M-B dealer to get it activated?

I believe Eddy was referring to the equipment required to do a PCM upgrade without a car, not the STAR system itself. Without the car, you would probably need an entire car harness and 12V power supply to plug the computer into.Considering most dealers will refuse to activate the OEM cruise, I would hope Eddy will be putting in the TAN code.

Hi,I should had made it more clear. To me it is know for most people.Cruise package include:-switch (same price for coupe or cabrio)-install of switch-TAN code-install of TAN code-activationLike Mike said. This code is created so that it is recognized in international smart data. So where ever dealer you go world wide. It should never be deleted by any dealer during regular service.Some of you might want to have the other brand of cruise removed and activate it OEM style. The charge is $200.00 which include reconnecting to the OEM harness.I will bring my laptops and quick install harness only. Bench mapping require a deskful of hard ware. If you intend to heave me bench map; you might as well just mail me your MEG.It is true the the remap could get erased if you are serviced by the dealers and if the dealer re-install the software for whatever reason. Then you will have to send your MEG to me with $50.00 to get it mapped again. It is unfortunate, but I don't get to be in Toronto very often.Hope this helps.Cheers.

I was there once in the winter. That is all the experience that I would need. :D But I must admit, It was a very good driver's education experience. And I don't mean just driving skill alone.

Count me in for a cruise installation down in toronto. I have to do some more research to learn about this remap beffor I commit to it. Thanks, Calvin

Thanks for the cruise1 - Sean (booneylander) -cruise and remap2 - William (Huronlad) -cruise and remap3 - Chris (Brabus15) -remap4 - Chris (Mightymousetech) - cruise and remap5 - (davidtbrown) - cruise and remap6 - Mike (sub-stance) - remap 7. -Calvin (fire_fly88) - cruiseThere are dozens if not hundreds of people on this forum already have it. Dozens of threads has discussed it. Do a search or post another query to get your answers. Lately if you ask the people who are selling their diesel power box can give you first hand comparison from stock to with power box, to our remap.

I got Eddy's cdi remap just recently after using a digipower CR tuning box for a year and a half. The tuning box was way better than stock but the remapis a factor above that. Not only is there more power, the car just starts, runs, and shifts better than ever before.

I got Eddy's cdi remap just recently after using a digipower CR tuning box for a year and a half. The tuning box was way better than stock but the remapis a factor above that. Not only is there more power, the car just starts, runs, and shifts better than ever before.

I had the same experience with my 450 when I had it remapped - a big improvement over the tuning box that I was running at the time.

I think that those who are getting both cruise and a remap should count as two towards Eddie's 20.(I am very interested and don’t what this opportunity to pass by due to a lack of participation.)

I think that those who are getting both cruise and a remap should count as two towards Eddie's 20.(I am very interested and don’t what this opportunity to pass by due to a lack of participation.)

Don't worry. I am not likely to be there until the leaves starts to grow again. Maybe even perhaps until the Canadian Grand Prix. So as long as you stay on this post. You'll know when I'll be there. I will need to get your VIN for the cruise and all the pre-payment before booking tickets anyway.

I had my 450 remapped few years ago in Toronto. A few months ago I had work done at the dealer and they reset the computer. I think the mapping has been removed - other than how the vehicle drives is there any other way to know for sure that the remap is gone? If it is gone I'd sign up for Fast Eddy but at the same time, I don't want to put my name on the list if it's not necessary. I know I should be ableto tell - at first it did feel like it was gone, now maybe I've just gotten used to the way it drives.The company that remapped the car is no longer in business

In normal driving, yeah, it can sometimes be tricky to tell. The two ways I used, apart from the seat-of-the-pants feel, were (obviously) the inability to surpass 135 Km/h -- though I don't like trying that very often -- and a sudden, huge increase in indicated fuel consumption on the ScanGauge. The normal SG fuel adjustment with the stock map is around +5%, while with a remap it is closer to +35%. Returning to the stock map, the SG shows fuel use that is around 30% higher than normal -- tanks showing 5.2 to 6.0 LHK while pen-and-paper shows 3.8 to 4.5 L/100 Km.

I had my 450 remapped few years ago in Toronto. A few months ago I had work done at the dealer and they reset the computer. I think the mapping has been removed - other than how the vehicle drives is there any other way to know for sure that the remap is gone? If it is gone I'd sign up for Fast Eddy but at the same time, I don't want to put my name on the list if it's not necessary. I know I should be ableto tell - at first it did feel like it was gone, now maybe I've just gotten used to the way it drives.The company that remapped the car is no longer in business

I think you are welcome to compare side by side with cars that are being done on the day that I am doing the work. Just keep close eye on this thread as time gets closer.

Will you have the equipment to be able to do a clutch re-learn/adjustment too?

You read my mind! I was thinking the exact same thing this weekend. The dealers around here have yet to be able to do this for me.

Really? It's a five minute job on a regular Star machine. I've had it done at both the dealership, and in my driveway. The same machine used to install the cruise control.

Really? It's a five minute job on a regular Star machine. I've had it done at both the dealership, and in my driveway. The same machine used to install the cruise control.

:speak_cool:

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Chatbox
    You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More