Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pgguru

So I ordered a charge point L2 charger

17 posts in this topic

Now that the charge point chargers are available in Ontario I ordered one

I will rough in the electrical this weekend and get my Electrition to finish it up for me when I get the unit next week

http://www.autochargers.ca

It was $999. With a 21' cable hard wired

I have 15m of 8/3 conduit and a 40A double breaker and will be installing it today

Lowes is giving a $50 gift card if I buy a nest

The charger will connect to the Nest and keeps track of charging cost and the $50 will buy me a 1" Masonary bit I need to drill through my double brick house

I will get $500 for the charger back now that it's sold in Canada

My cost to install was less than $200 since I work in trade so it was not worth it for me to pay $1000 to install it to get 500 back

1 person likes this

The "approved list" says right on it that other charging stations will be considered. You just have to be able to be sold by a canadian retailer...

I'm still happy with my homemade one. 32a made with retail components for just over $200 installed :)

I'm still happy with my homemade one. 32a made with retail components for just over $200 installed :)

I was planning on going that way but when I found charge point was coming to canada and it has wifi bluetooth and connects to the Nest I just decided to go with it

The ability to schedule charging for off-peak times is the best feature.

I noticed I have to keep the charger on in morning so the car can preheat and cool

I original had it set to charge between 7pm and 7am but we leave at 7:40am and the charger would be off at that time

I picked up a Nest thermostat and will set that up today. Then it will record actual power used to drive the Smart

1 person likes this