Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KAG

Chat?

48 posts in this topic

It's definitely possible... I guess it depends on how we want to go. We can buy a good one or live with a free one.

If anyone can recommend one that is good we can look into it.

Well lets start with a free one, and then depending on use....we can revisit the idea for a better one

Peep

yeah nothing fancy lets try a free one and see how it goes. we could set up a designated chat time for a big group with anyone being able to use it any time!

it'll be like a virtual rally!

S

I'm up for the free one...

And let's designate 4am - 5am MST as the designated chat time?

Eddie

I guess we know Eddie's |opinion|opinion|opinion| !

Seems to me the one on MBCanada wasn't/isn't used much. So, I'm with "Let's see how it goes." I'm currently trying to carry on a discussion by PM, kind of slow - so I can see that a chat room could be useful, at times.

PS I'm hoping that a spell checker is still on the list. I've been cutting and pasting into Word to make sure that spelling is correct...

PS I'm hoping that a spell checker is still on the list. I've been cutting and pasting into Word to make sure that spelling is correct...

What browser do you use? There are spell checks that can be integrated into the browsers...

I use it every time!

What browser do you use? There are spell checks that can be integrated into the browsers...I use it every time!

I use explorer - please enlighten me!

What browser do you use? There are spell checks that can be integrated into the browsers...I use it every time!

I use explorer - please enlighten me!
Tada!!! :clapping:http://www.iespell.com/

I'm skeptical about chat. Look at how much use it gets on another board.

But we are much cooler than the "other board".

If is free then it shouldn't really matter how much it is used. It is certainly easier than a painful PM conversation.

I see no problem?

Last night I started chatting to myself for an hour. The chat worked just fine?

I think it would be funner with someone ealse though....less arguments anyway. :lookaround:

If everyone decides that they like this chat I'll intergrate it into the site/forums...

I too would love to test it out...

But I've noticed that at 3am, 5am, and now being 7am...

No one's around...

Like, what gives???

Eddie

Perhaps you should post an announcement about testing the chat under "General Announcements"? So that more people will be aware of it - or don't we want to go there?

We should post a date and time to chat!! It will be a party :ballons:

Sounds good. Settle on a time and I'll post it to the general announcements...

TFM,

When I registered for the Chat I got an e-mail from the server which had my Username and password in it. Also, it had the URL to the chat room. The URL is incorrect it is: http://url_of_your_chat. Did you want to change the e-mail so that the correct URL exists in the e-mail. Just a suggestion.

TFM,

When I registered for the Chat I got an e-mail from the server which had my Username and password in it. Also, it had the URL to the chat room. The URL is incorrect it is: http://url_of_your_chat. Did you want to change the e-mail so that the correct URL exists in the e-mail. Just a suggestion.

If people like it I will make the changes needed to make it nice. But i'm not going to waste time if it's not going to be used. :lookaround:

I'll check it out once I get a chance. Due to the size of the group I suspect the chat site will be a hit and miss. There isn't much that can be done about it, other than to make a regular time slot. But if no one shows up then people will be reluctant to come back at the specified time. You almost need something that is a cross between a chat site and ICQ/Messenger. Kind of like a mini chat frame in the web page that people can see the activity and conversations while they are looking at the forum topics on the other side of the page. That would be the ultimate IMO. If someone sees something interesting to talk about they will jump in and chat otherwise many people seem to be put off by going into a chat room.

I'll check it out once I get a chance. Due to the size of the group I suspect the chat site will be a hit and miss. There isn't much that can be done about it, other than to make a regular time slot. But if no one shows up then people will be reluctant to come back at the specified time. You almost need something that is a cross between a chat site and ICQ/Messenger. Kind of like a mini chat frame in the web page that people can see the activity and conversations while they are looking at the forum topics on the other side of the page. That would be the ultimate IMO. If someone sees something interesting to talk about they will jump in and chat otherwise many people seem to be put off by going into a chat room.

With a little bit of work that can be done. It can show who's online right on the webpage/ forum header.

Yup, no one uses the one at the old site - because there is never anyone in there using it...

:-)

How about seeing if we can get a celebrity in there to talk about something... like Bud Colby.

That might get it used a bit more.

if someone else was there it'd be pretty cool

I like that you can read what was there prior to you entering the room