Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Britsmart

How Many Of You Have Removed The Smart Badging On Your Smart?

16 posts in this topic

Just curious as to how many others have removed it. The previous owner of mine removed the rear badging (smart, fortwo, cdi) and on June 5th I'm having it replaced by Mercedes. I like the badging, not that many won't know what kind of car it is, I just think it will give that final touch my smart is missing :)post-7297-1275012442_thumb.jpgIt's kind of meaningless to some, but to me it's important :) I love the badging YAY

I removed the "fortwo" and "cdi" decals and replaced the "smart" decal with proper raised metal lettering like on the new ones.

Posted (edited) · Report post

IMO debadging is OK, but rebadging it as a smart is cool. Use the raised chrome letters!Mine both have raised smart lettering, and the green one has raised cdi lettering. The white one came with a small BRABUS badge where the cdi badge is on the other cars, so that stays in situ and so my second cdi raised chrome letter set remains in stock in my garage.

Edited by Mike T

Posted (edited) · Report post

Yeah I never thought of getting the raised lettering, might see if they have it when I go up there, if not go with the original smart badge style

Edited by Britsmart

If you power wash the car, the MacTac OE lettering gets blown off. The raised letters are resistant to that. It might be impossible to get a "cdi" set now and a raised letter "fortwo" was never offered.

It's not MacTac - it's proper vinyl!I pulled off the "chickenbeak" on the nose cone and replaced it with the first-generation vinyl logo/sticker (same on the back). I've always prefered the look of vinyl lettering to raised chrome. Maybe I'm biased as I worked in vinyl for my first job :)-Iain

My car is debadged, and I like it that way, including the "pulse" badges under the mirrors, the "air bag" warning labels etc etc etc.....

I always heard that power washing was very hard on the paint .??

doris

I took mine off, I thought they were a little "toy like"I do know it's a Smart though, but I'm still trying to make it into a sports car.

Sorry I had to post this, I got the badging done today and I was happy they did the smart in the new style :)post-7297-1275767760_thumb.jpg

I always heard that power washing was very hard on the paint .??

Everyone always says that, but I used to wash my car at least once a week with a powerwasher in a bay (now less, but still with a powerwasher in a bay), and you can't tell...-Iain

for the 4 years that we have had the car, i washed it once to twice a week with the power washer and no signs of damage as of yet.. :-P

for the 4 years that we have had the car, i washed it once to twice a week with the power washer and no signs of damage as of yet.. :-P

You guys must be using some low powered washers. My Honda powered pressure washer can cut indentions in concrete if I don't keep the wand moving. I would never put is on one of my cars. I just use it to wash the vinyl siding on my house and keep the driveways and walkways clean. I once made the mistake of turning the nozzel with the water coming through and cut the end of my finger so bad, I thought I would need stiches.

IMO debadging is OK, but rebadging it as a smart is cool. Use the raised chorme letters!Mine both have raised smart lettering, and the green one has raised cdi lettering. The white one came with a small BRABUS badge where the cdi badge is on the other cars, so that stays in situ and so my second cdi raised chorme letter set remains in stock in my garage.

Do you have a part number for chrome cdi badge? And a picture of the car with it installed? Is there a chrome fortwo badge?

Yes: A 454 817 07 15 - it was from the 454 (forfour) cdi.Photo: no.OE smart raised chrome "fortwo": no.