Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Duck

Twenty Four

39 posts in this topic

Anyone else watch it? It's the 1 hour of TV a week that I watch (now that Daily Planet has ditched Natasha Stillwell). Only half an hour to go for tonight's episode, woo! A buddy of mine kept trying to get me to watch the last few seasons but I never did; this year I decided to watch right from the start and it is so awesome!-Iain

its been a good season...there are a few programmes i would say i watch religiously, most tv i believe is garbage, catering to the lowest common denominator, with the laugh track cranked so high it detracts me from viewing, but if you like the gripping action of 24, starting next month is the return of "the shield", a brutally graphic cop show, with great acting. i also love nip/tuck, law and order, family guy, csi miami,mad tv,you are what you eat, and i did watch prison break this year. 24 is a great show, i think one of the best ever made on tv.

I have been a huge fan of 24 - sadly this season my Mondays are otherwise occupied. The plan is to do a 24 marathon when the season comes out on dvd. My other favourite is The Sopranos - some of the most clever writing on tv currently. Very sad that this is the last season.

I've never watched 24 -- it's not the kind of show that appeals to me, although I have to say the concept is cool.I like House. Don't know if I'd want to be his patient -- I suppose he would cure me, but he'd squash me like a bug in the process!!

That's awesome! Although I am trying to think what you mean by CTU ring tones :) You mean like, the way Jack's phone rings? Or the desk phones in CTU itself?Last night's episode was off da hook! The whole thing with Nadia was insane. I am absolutely in love with Karen Hayes, and I love her interaction with Tom Lennox - the two of them I think are gonna gang up and be all friendly-like to each other in another hour or so. Stupid vice president Chalmers! He's a dink!-Iain

both, i have the two different ringtones that ring at ctu and i can have differentrringtones for different callers so i know who it is,,,also have the countdown sequence that comes on at commercials as a ringtone. my favorite is the ctu ringtone. they also have one that is jack's voice saying..."this is jack Bauer, I need to speak with the President immediately" i Know we are sick, bu ti love that show

This past weekend, my guy and I just watched on DVR the seasons 24 and it was riviting!! We caught up to Mondays episode and I was off my seat. I have always been a fan but I believe the best way to watch this series is in a weekend marathon!My ultimate favorite show is Heroes! Nothing else comes close! This is must see TV!! Regina

They also have one that is jack's voice saying..."this is jack Bauer, I need to speak with the President immediately"

Oh, wouldn't I LOVE to have that one! Is that a link you can post?For those who want to follow suit, here's a link to the CTU ringtones -- my co-workers who watch the show just giggle every time my phone rings....We love the show, but hafve to be careful about not watching it too close to bedtime -- the heartrate just skyrockets!!!

James Cromwell appeared on CBC's The Hour and offered his thoughts on 24, and other aspects of his life. It's interesting what he says: See here

I'm no fan of TV in general. There's not enough intellectual content. It confuses and angers viewers. BTW, did anyone watch or participate in Test the Nation last weekend?

I feel betrayed and let down by Lost as the executives ride its initial popularity for more air time with a lot of inconsequential storylines. They've racked up a huge debt of intrigue and they're not paying it off quickly enough. Hey, you want a story? How about exploring why most of the characters can never answer a simple question with a direct answer.

Futurama is my all-time favourite series for it's sci-fi humour and excellent writing.

If you liked 24 and your into Brit Ent try "Life on Mars" Its only 2 seasons with the second now at episode 5. The UK is only 2 weeks ahead of us in Canada.Police detective gets knocked down by a hit and run. Wakes up in 1973 and walks into a Manchester Police station where they are waiting for him to start work! Every now and again he hears vioces talking to him, in a hospital bed as if he's in a coma. Is he dreaming, in a coma or has he really travelled back in time? We don't know. Will we know by the end? I don't know.Great show, original idea well acted by little know actors. Its about as far from Hollywood as you can get with great 70's music and neat old cars. If they rerun it or bring it out on DVD, don't miss it.

Watch this one too. A little out in left field but good. His partner uses some of the methods used by the Vancouver Police Department. I imagine he will wake up in the end.Roy

This is really ratcheting up now... I wonder where the show will go next, now that the nuclear plot seems dead?-Iain

i catch life on mars on bbc canada, great show, fun 70's humour...and the return of audrey on 24...the plot thickens...

This is really ratcheting up now... I wonder where the show will go next, now that the nuclear plot seems dead?-Iain

back to dealing with the Chinese and helping Audrey

See what's with that? This is the first full season of 24 I've watched so I'm lost with that whole sub-plot. That was something from the previous season, right?-Iain

At the end of last season the Chinese kidnapped Jack and tortured him for two years.......Audrey his girl friend went to China lookin gfor him andsupposedly crashed and died..now the Chinese have her alive..there is going to be some ass woopin revenge on teh ones that tortured him..i predict....rent the first few seasons..its great watching each seasion and not having any commercials.

During our lunch hour breaks we have been watching the 24 series on DVD. Each episode being only 50 minutes works out great. We just finished season 3. Now we just started watching the Battle Star Gallatica series. It is not as good but the other guys want to watch it.

That is awesome! We do that too, here - First, we watched all 3 seasons of The Office (up to season 3 episode 14), then we watched all 3 seasons of Arrested Development, now we're just getting caught up on the last remaining episodes of this season of The Office.-Iain

ricky gervais for president !! the british version of the office is great, and his new show extras is really good too, he is the biggest comedian in britain right now, higher rated than little britain, which was huge.

Anyone know how many episodes of Twenty Four are left this season?

I'm sad he's gone, and it's kinda dirty but I had a boy-crush on Abu Fayed. LOL

-Iain

There are probably still quite a few episodes left. It is probably just over half way. There is still lots of twists and changes to the plot.

What a finale eh?!I can't believe it's over! I almost cried when Karen and Tom said goodbye. They were my favourites.-Iain