Xandria

smart Car Sightings (post pictures or VIN if you have)

2,363 posts in this topic

We just completed an Ontario to Florida Keys to Ontario trip. Only saw one smart between Burlington and Destin (florida panhandle). Saw 13 in Florida mostly in the southern half. saw zero comming home after leaving Savannah Georga.In the Keys we saw one mounted sideways behind the cab of a red transport tractor that was pulling a large 5th wheel trailer - a list member?

Hi Gang: An earlier poster was showing a Trailer attached to a Smart.I previously had 2 Trailers for my Smart 450 but when I bought my Limited Three 451 I bought this LUGG Motorcycle Trailer. It weighs 64 lbs and you attach whatever you need....Bike Rack, Kayak Rack or, in my case a 14 cu ft Thule Carrier....The whole Rig weighs less than 80 lbs and you have to check behind to remind yourself you're hauling extras.On the trip to the Kansas Nationals I will have a "Front" spare, Jack and Tool kit plus extra luggage with room left over inside the Thule Carrier.Thought you might like to see a Pic

post-275-1268883129_thumb.jpg

post-275-1268883506_thumb.jpg

Edited by Donniedark

I am not 100% sure but I believe the Podium Manufacturer is no longer building Trailers. They were in Receivership last Fall and I don't think they were able to attract new Capital and ownership. ...hope I'm wrong because their products were superb and reasonably priced.I am keeping mine especially for this reason ! Smart Car Universe would know for sure.... RegardsDon C

Edited by Donniedark

Update....FYI....Just spoke with Ron Young....Distributor for Podium....they have had no response for 6 months from the Manufacturer so that is a ""bad" sign...looks like a great product line is no more...too bad ! Don C

In the Keys we saw one mounted sideways behind the cab of a red transport tractor that was pulling a large 5th wheel trailer - a list member?

The member's handle on this site is billr. He is from the Georgetown, Ontario area. I believe he has a red Volvo tractor and has the smart piggy-back when hauling his trailer. (assuming that this is the same rig and person) Edited by Leadwing

Has anyone in the Vancouver area seen an all-orange 451? It is a genuine BRABUS conversion commissioned by M-B Canada. If anyone sees it, I would love to get the last 6 digits of the VIN. I will load the photo in another thread this evening.

saw a black smart car today coming off the highway in brampton. As I came up behind it i noticed the cdi stamp on it, so I put the pedal to the metal and left it in the dust with my almighty 71hp

Mine doesn't even say "cdi" but rather has a small BRABUS badge (that's how it came!), but you still would have left me standing!

I saw this green 450 near Ottawa. Is it a custom paintjob? I haven't seen this colour before, but it looks cool!

post-5964-1270956322_thumb.jpg

A sighting and my first wave-by between me and another Smart enthusiast...Around 5:00 pm near the Home Depot in Leaside. I was turning onto Wicksteed heading east in my brown/silver highstyle. The other driver was turning off Wicksteed heading north in a black 450 with silver tridion. The driver had a full head of grey hair and gave me that Smart wave.

Another drive-by honk and wave. Spotted a yellow 451 with black tridion heading south on Pape above Cosburn as I was pulling out of the McDonald's driving north. 5:00 pm.

Followed members Terry & Phyllis in smarting from just west of Kitchener into Stratford this evening.

Spotted phat red/black pulse with black spots in town today. License plate LDY BG.

LOL, there is a LDY BRD in Duncan......same idea.

Seen today (Thursday, May20/10) in St. Marys, Ontario. A second one was spotted in St. Marys also within 5 minutes of the first sighting, but I was too slow on the camera to get a picture of it.

post-7529-1274381606_thumb.jpg

I was driving back from CFB Borden, Ont and my BF who was driving behind me, took a photo of Wee Green Jellybean and it's bike rack on the 400 *recieved a lot of stares* :)post-7297-1274406267_thumb.jpg

Edited by Britsmart

- Top left picture and centre left pictures are of a smart spotted on hwy 403, May 31/10- Top right picture was taken in St. Marys, Ontario near the end of May /10- Lower right was spotted in St. Catharines, Ontario- The last picture is my own smart, but I thought the combination of a taxidermy and cheese shop was interesting.

post-7529-1275448226_thumb.jpg

post-7529-1275448241_thumb.jpg

post-7529-1275448254_thumb.jpg

post-7529-1275448277_thumb.jpg

post-7529-1275448376_thumb.jpg

Edited by Leadwing