Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Coast Steve

Smart city hunt in Van

33 posts in this topic

We just registered online, Saterday August 28th.Is anyone else here going?Not really sure what it is, doesn't tell you much on the site other than looking for gems of the city.

Edited by Coast Steve

Looks like fun, but I have to work that day ;-(

Here's the information from their registration page.

Registration page: smartcityhunt link

Date: Saturday August 8, 2010

Registration time: 9:30 AM sharp

smart city hunt begins: 10:30

hunt ends: 2:30 PM

1375 Marine Drive,

North Vancouver BC V7P 3E5

Toronto and Montreal were on the 22nd :D Just Vancouver this Saturday!

The goodie bags in Toronto contained smart pens that must have been designed by the same people who did the 450's a/c, door handles, and EGR valve.They look like pens, but they don't work like pens.

They look like pens, but they don't work like pens.

Those were decoy pens.. the Toronto staff got the working ones :P:lol:

Why isn't there one in Calgary? Clearly I should not have left the lower mainland ;)

I thought I saw somewhere there was one in the cow town.

Toronto and Montreal were on the 22nd :D Just Vancouver this Saturday!

Wow, yeah, Toronto was the 21st, and Montreal the 22nd...Do we have any idea the tally for cars that came to each?I see a Toronto thread here:http://clubsmartcar.com/index.php?showtopi...mp;#entry265555CsC is not the greatest at attracting attention to events, so not sure how we would have been able to help, but there are likely hundreds of owners of used cars that we may have been able to reach that MB doesn't have any digits for.C'est la vie....I'm trying to contact everyone I know around here in Vancouver.

Has anyone had a confirmation e-mail for Saturday? I registered on-line late last week but didn't get an e-mail confirmation like it said I would :( BARB

Has anyone had a confirmation e-mail for Saturday? I registered on-line late last week but didn't get an e-mail confirmation like it said I would :( BARB

Ok, you know what Barb?Neither did I, and I thought I did something wrong, so I filled out the form again.1/2 and hour later, I got 2 e-mails back.But even if you don't get a reply, (but I'm sure you will) just go anyway.See you there.Here's the full E-mail:Hi Steve, Thank you for registering for the smart City Hunt. Your reservation has been accepted as one of the few exclusive smart fortwo drivers that will be taking part in the smart City Hunt! Here is a brief itinerary of the day: August 28, 2010Smart Centre North Vancouver 1375 Marine Drive,North Vancouver, BC,V7P 3E59:30 AM Registration and a light breakfast10:30 AM smart City Hunt begins!12:30 PM Arrive at Final Destination for some a light lunch and mingling2:30 PM Event ends Your name is on the exclusive guest list, along with a guest if you opted to bring one, please print and bring this email to confirm your participation on the day of the event. We look forward to seeing you! Sincerely, smart Canada Edited by Coast Steve

I hope to see a few CSC members show up on Saterday, not much talk about it on here.?

Edited by Coast Steve

And it doesn't rain.I just realized there are 4 different posted topics about this event on our site.And one of them's my fault.I didn't see the others.

Edited by Coast Steve

Had a lot of fun today! It was great to see some of some familiar faces and cars! Hopefully we can get some other events running in the Lower Mainland soon. BARB

Yea, it was loads of fun eh Barb?Here's a bunch of pics for the club or people that didn't take pics.Mercedes really put on a good event with this, a neat idea and great food (all served by cute girls) And you can't beat that on a sunny day right?.Everyone involved in the event was very nice and made it a fun filled day.OH, and really nice gift bags too!To all the sponsors, thank you for a nice time.Steve and Doreen.

post-3704-1283093986_thumb.jpg

post-3704-1283094001_thumb.jpg

post-3704-1283094019_thumb.jpg

post-3704-1283094037_thumb.jpg

post-3704-1283094060_thumb.jpg

post-3704-1283094073_thumb.jpg

post-3704-1283094087_thumb.jpg

post-3704-1283094101_thumb.jpg

post-3704-1283094115_thumb.jpg

post-3704-1283094129_thumb.jpg

post-3704-1283094166_thumb.jpg

post-3704-1283094181_thumb.jpg

post-3704-1283094205_thumb.jpg

Edited by Coast Steve

Thanks for posting, looks like it was fun! Yo-ho from Montana!

It was an excellent event but my eardrums were shattered by the DJ. It would have been perfect if not for that! Hard to converse, My ears are still hurting. :sad01_anim:

A few more shots:

Nice pics, Steve. Looks like you had great weather.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Chatbox
    You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More