Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Huronlad

Snow!

76 posts in this topic

First noticeable snow fall of the season and one car in the ditch on my morning drive. I am not sure how far they had traveleld but the driver of the Honda Civic almost made it to Listowel's city limits, they also just avoided running into a tree.I still have my Yoko S-Drive tires on, they are certainly not ideal for snow.How was your drive in your part of southern Ontario?

County Road 74 south of the 401. (0715 hrs.) After a light snowfall which turned to ice after a few cars had run over it. One F-150 in the ditch. The rest of the traffic was doing the sensible thing and slowing down.Procrastinating about installing the winter rubber, but it will inevitably happen.

It seems to me that with the first two snowfalls every year, everyone seems to forget how to drive. It happens every year, you'd think drivers would be use to it.Speaking of which, I haven't got my snow tires on yet. :P

I'm going to throw the snows on after work Monday. The current forecast calls for more snow next week.

On top of the blue mountain we had around 6 inches of snow, loads of cars in the ditch. Glad I have my snow tires on, towed a civic out of the ditch with my truck even.

A little better snow fall last night in this area. People slowed down, no one in the ditch last night or this morning. Snows are on so I am good for the snowy season.

It seems to me that with the first two snowfalls every year, everyone seems to forget how to drive. It happens every year, you'd think drivers would be use to it.

Driver's in the London area surprised by snowy conditions, they may all be new to our country.LFPress storyLast Friday morning one of the drivers ahead of me missed a left turn by about 50-100 feet. The roads were slippery, I went by one turn about a smart length on my summer performance tires. At least the summers did not break free like the OE Kumhos at speeds above 60 kph on snowy/slippery roads.

Driver's in the London area surprised by snowy conditions, they may all be new to our country.

I tend to agree, a lot of new comers from warm climates come in the spring. Snow can be a very strange thing for them. A couple stories:I person I'm acquainted with came to Canada with his two daughters; the first time it snowed they started crying - they thought the world was coming to an end.Another story, a friend of a friend came over in winter. While in the car leaving the airport, they commented on how pretty it was that we paint everything white in Canada. :D

You guys have got some serious snow down there right now... We had some light dusting of snow and ice in the shade this morning, but no real accumulation.

I'm in Brussels and it looked kind of 'gusty' at lunch time. I opted not to drive this a.m. Retired. I can get away with it.Ish.

I think that's the general consensus of people who haven't had to shovel their driveway three times in one day. :)

One lonely Toyota FJ backwards in the ditch this morning.One benefit of renting, someone else shovels the snow. Most of the time anyways.We should be snow free by tomorrow or Friday, for a few days.

Was that on the stretch near Drumbo. That's always a nasty spot. It seems like they plant ice there on purpose :S

I just caught the end of the report on the radio and missed the location. If there is black ice though it usually happens right by the Drumbo exits.

A bit of snow and wind Saturday afternoon. Driving home from Stratford, doing close to the speed limit(80 kph) until I caught up with other traffic on Hwy 8, they were doing about 45. Even had one person driving west in the east lane, east bound cars had to go around them on the shoulder. I wish some people had enough intelligence not to drive.

You should see London!!! Only the main roads open. Saw a few ''spinnies'' at intersections.I was able to get the smart to the hospital for 1100 hrs, the start of my shift. Problem was they hadn't plowed out the hospital lots. I got stuck in the laneway. :steamed: That's what happens when they contract out work- the work doesn't get done- pathetic!

Measured 55 cm (22") of snow on hood of my truck this morning. No drifting, just straight snowfall overnight from lake-effect streamers. I'm in southwest London. The airport weather office had 11 cm as London's official amount, according to the newspaper. They're located on the eastern edge of the city. Quite a difference! Not the first time this has happened.Took me 3 hours to dig out my truck and plow my driveway. I also plowed the road in my subdivision so that neighbours could get out. It's 11 PM now and I still haven't seen a city plow.No doubt they'll plow overnight and I'll have to dig out the end of the driveway so my wife can get to work in the morning.I hate winter. :thumbsdown_anim:

Just one car that was in the process of being removed from the southbound ditch on my way into work. Two southbound vehicles decided to displace me from the northbound lane instead of slow down and safely go around the accident. I hate the careless drivers more than the winter.

There are a lot of ''unsmart'' people out there! Had 3 guys come to the ER yesterday with the tips of their fingers chopped off by snowblowers- make sure the engine is off before trying to unplug those blocked blades.