Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest PRB

Crosstown Advertisment

25 posts in this topic

That was strange. Everyone was smoking and she did my all time biggest pet peeve. She flicked her still burning butt into the street! :viking:

There's smart again, wasting money... :scowl:

Someone has definitely watched "Sin City" a few too many times...

I didn't really like the ad - smoking is quite pass? these days, and the whole thing looked kind of pointless.

A similar ad that I liked a bit more was that Toyota Matrix ad where the people are zooming around and morphing into each other.

Regardless - if this car is ever built, we'll be buying it!

is the crosstown in production? i thought it was still a concept car. if it is in production, does anyone have a canadian eta? my wife said she'd like to own one.

:hugegrin2::hugegrin2::hugegrin2:

Rumour has it that there is a good chance they may make it (likely without the hybrid drivetrain).

I was thinking Sin City too. I also thought it was far too overdone and too dark for a fairly bright green perky vehicle. It looked like they should have panned past the crosstown to some black 500SEL

S

The ad video was..... O.K.

I wouldn't buy a crosstown though, just don't like the looks. :puke:

Agree with Blair on the looks - crossbreeding an old Fiat 500 with a Jeep with an old Mini, with a beach buugie, then with a 4-2 produced a genetic mishap! It's one ugly kid.

Pulsating & TFM are right on about the smoking - some ad guy has been given Big Smoke Lobby bucks under his drawing board for this ad!

Maybe they're taregetting street people with this ad, or some of these folks below...

Trouble is, none of them qualify as smart.

post-48-1135808973.jpg

post-1-1135808973.jpg

post-1-1135808974.jpg

post-1-1135808975.jpg

post-1-1135808976.jpg

To be fair, this isn't really an "ad". It's likely a concept video that will be shown at auto shows, not aired on TV to sell the smart product or brand.

I did think it was unusual to see a woman smoking in the video... but what do you expect from Europe, especially a car that's made in France? They smoke everywhere there.

(I also think it's funny that on most cars these days, you have to order a special 'smoker's package' that comes with the lighter and ashtray, yet the smart comes with both as standard equipment.)

I think it's a European thing. Most of my friends that visited Europe mentioned that a huge percentage of the population smokes.

-Iain

Pulsating & TFM are right on about the smoking - some ad guy has been given Big Smoke Lobby bucks under his drawing board for this ad!

How would you know that the add got sponsored by the Big Smoke Lobby?

I think it's a European thing.

Nah, it's a Sin City thing. They're going for the black and white film-noir feel of that movie and the ever-present cigarette is part of that feel.

That's not what I meant - I meant in reference to having cigarette trays installed in vehicles. :) And that smoking is more commonplace in Europe.

-Iain

I remember us trying to not have the ashtrays installed in our car. We wanted CD tray instead. They wouldn't go for it...

Yeah I was thinking.....wasn't there a desperate cry out for ashtrays for a certain smart car not too long ago? It involved another smart travelling on some strange go go juice from Club Ed.

S

cig lighters: I was in a computer parts store today and saw they were selling a vehicle-type cigarette lighter that fits into a 5.25" bay! OMG!

Huh? And now you want 3 in each car right? :tremble:

Not me! I have none in my car... The boss has three.

I still need one more ahstray though!!!!!

Hey, Keith... CHICKEN!!!!!! Or hey, let's just get together. The liquor cabinet is stocked as usual.

Oh and um... smart cars rule.

I think it's a European thing. Most of my friends that visited Europe mentioned that a huge percentage of the population smokes.-Iain

That?s true duck, here is a photo that I took in Rome, a few meters from the Coliseum.(Check driver?s left hand).Greetings!

I live in Britain which unfortunately is part of Europe although we don't use their silly money yet.

I am happy to say I don't smoke and it annoys me when people do, especially between courses in restaurants.

Anyway, back to the point. Over in Europe the smokers kit isn't standard.